Archaeology Fixes Are Now Live

A few minutes ago, we deployed hotfixes to address issues with Dwarven and Night Elf archaeology projects. The following projects are now available during the Cataclysm Classic Pre-patch:

Dwarf

• Silver Kris of Korl
  • Warmaul of Burningeye
  • Word of Empress Zoe
  • Pipe of Franclorn Forgewright
  • Spiked Gauntlets of Anvilrage
  • Scepter of Bronzebeard
  • The Innkeeper’s Daughter

Night Elf

• Wisp Amulet
  • Carcanet of the Hundred Magi
  • Umbra Crescent
  • Bones of Transformation
  • Silver Scroll Case

We also double-checked on the Pterrordax Hatchling and found it waiting as intended in Fossil Digsites at Archaeology skill level 525.

9 Likes

Back luck protection is needed for 359s. People shouldnt be at 300+ for a single race and still not have em.

This fix did have disc hyped, though.

36 Likes

this for sure

6 Likes

hatching at 525… am I missing something how do I pass 450 right now?

Did you fix the dwarven racial?

2 Likes

you wait for cata to launch

someone says theyre working on discovering it right now in our trade chat so who knows.

they mention that right in the end that entire last sentence

bad luck protection

9 Likes

Could we get some extra information about how the roll for discovering a rare artifact (e.g. Zin’rokh) works behind the scenes? About to do my 300th troll solve, having a rough estimate of how rare the thing actually is would be nice.

6 Likes

Maybe he’s confused it for the fossilized raptor pet?

I have the mount and I was talking about the hatchling (pet) so supposedly both would be in then. I’ll likely find out soon enough.

There’s two fossil pets, ones a raptor hatchlings and the 525 one is the flying pet

1 Like

Now just add some type of bad luck protection. I love being at almost 1k+ in total solves but still don’t have the dwarf staff or the night elf trinket! :smile: 12/10 GREAT SYSTEM! RNG WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

10 Likes

I have that as well, but who even knows lately with how it’s been.

Thanks for keeping it true to the awful design it was by keeping Pterrordax hatchling out of the game would have been really sad if I was able to have reduced fossil sites after 600 solves.

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

0 85 lvl epics
Total artifacts
Vrykul: 6
Troll: 404
Orc: 6
Nerubian: 11
Night Elf: 60
Fossil: 214
Draenei: 11
Dwarf: 263

6 Likes

I think this will naturally occur once you finish all rares. I’d imagine the chance to see rares was very low since not all commons could be found. Now that they can, bad luck prevention will start working as intended.

1 Like

We had hoped but in the DK disc, there is a digging section where people have 500+ troll solves and still squirmin. I think a couple have even more (800+ type deal)

1 Like

This isn’t true at all. I’ve had only Zinrokh left for Troll for almost 300 solves.

1 Like