Arcanite Reaper

Agreed, I dont think it is dead by any means, though obv someone does as they bumped this thread after ppl stopped posting in it for 6 days…

Still, AR is fine for many of us. I for one am happy to not be on a mega server.

Idk why everyone seems to think there are only dead servers or mega servers and no inbetween. I want a few options for raiding, i want to search for things like moonstone, a low level mat, and find one on the AH. I view a server as dead if you have to spend hours to find a group for a dungeon during peak hours.

was arcanite reaper ever not dead? i remember looking at it during the days whitemane was inundated with nightly 2k queues and roving horde death parties and quickly recognized arcanite reaper as a dead option not even worth a second look.

Such a badass server name too

I thought this was gonna be about the weapon :(. They’re literally more rare than Thunderfury’s

2 Likes

B-b-b-b-but Blizzard said half a year ago that Medium realms were bigger than the Full population realms of Vanilla!!! How could this no longer be true! How can something that was true 6 months ago not be true today!

See? It’s obvious that Arcanite Reaper has far more people playing than those meager Full population Vanilla servers! There’s no way that many Medium realms are barely seeing a concurrent prime-time user count of 1,000.

Nope, no way.

/s

1 Like

Anathema has the same problem, I took the free Xfer early and I do like it here with my current guild as well as my 3 characters I’m working on, So to transfer them all would be costly.

I am hoping for something to help us out, We don’t need thousands of people but a little more would be nice, its hard to get any group below level 58 going, and I don’t see many people leveling outside cities.

A merge between Arcanite reaper and Anathema would be perfect, were both the lowest on the west coast and PVP.

2 Likes

Cool story bro. There is a term for quoting people out of context and then attacking the argument that was never made… what was it again… hay bale… scarecrow…

Strawman! Your favorite method of argument, second only to ad hominem. Oh wait… second only to ad hominem and moving the goal posts.

You’re a champion. Let me know when you want to continue the actual conversation you cutie! :wink:

1 Like

When I explained to you that the census addon was in fact, not broken, you made up a bunch of tin foil theories about Blizzard messing with the data:

If you were interested in dialectic, you’d understand that not only do you not need an addon to gather an accurate concurrent online user count, you can SEE THE NAMES OF THE PLAYERS that the addon is tallying. You can use simple math and add up the numbers yourself.

I’m sure there’s a term for what you’re doing but I’ll just call it conspiracy narrating. Where did your idea that Blizzard broke those API functions because they didn’t want people to have accurate census data come from? Where did this conspiracy originate?

lol.

Did I upset you because I didn’t want to be your forum buddy? The moment I realized you were here to argue with no interest in the truth, is the moment I stopped caring about anything you’ll ever say.

Well, I don’t have a conspiracy friend. The entire argument I am making hinges on accuracy. I have not seen these census addons confirmed as accurate, by Blizzard, at any point in time. But what I do know is:

1. Blizzard hasn’t confirmed this census data
  2. Blizzard could easily publish their own 100% accurate data easily
  3. Since Blizz has neither confirmed the census data collected by addons nor published their own data, they likely do not wish this data to be confirmed
  4. The only data you get out of the API is the data they want you to have

It’s not a conspiracy theory. It’s a lack of an official confirmation of anything. Of course, you are smart enough to understand this, but you would rather build a strawman and attack that. Because winning the discussion is more important than actually arguing the facts I assume?

Edit: And then you edit your response after the fact. You’re a gem. That initial response thanking you for “level responses” was actually sincere. The next post you accused me of forming conspiracy theories. I can only assume that is because I actually asked you for official confirmation for things you were claiming as fact.

I don’t want to be your forum buddy though guy. You don’t have to worry about that.

Server mergers or splits do not cost money now days, they’re not physical servers as they were classically.
Instead they’re virtual machines on a larger server platform that shares resource management with all blizzards IP.

When one game or server needs more CPU or ram that “server” or game gets exactly what it needs on demand. Network bandwidth can also be handled dynamically too.

So as you can see all they need to do is shuffle things about.

The problem is a good part blizzard and so charging players who’re looking for a quality experience because they screwed up is unjust.

Current metrics.

Do you believe the current Low population designation still means this? Sul’thraze peaks at about 100 players online. Their Alliance AH routinely has less than 50 items on it.

Things change, this isn’t complicated. The fact that you go back to some outdated statement that is obviously, and I mean REALLY obviously outdated is telling of your intentions here.

Here’s the quote you were using as an argumentative point with me:

You said we didn’t have any new updated information since that post, so you believed it was still relevant. Guess what? The quote from Bornakk I linked was made after that post. If you stick to your guns here, then you believe that Low populations servers are more populated than Full Vanilla realms, right NOW.

You believe Sul’thraze, with its 100 concurrent online players at Prime-time is equivalent to a Full pop Vanilla server.

This is why you’re not arguing in good faith, this is trolling my man.

Vote with your dollars. They want you to buy transfers, you should cancel subscriptions instead.

Nah. While I would like more life on AR, at least horde side (no clue how easy/hard of a time alliance have finding groups) I am not upset to the point where I would quit

No, I don’t believe that Sul’thraze has a higher population than a vanilla realm did in 2006. There is no designation for a server to be lower pop than “Low” though as far as I know, so I don’t think Bornakk’s post was meant to be taken literally as EVERY Low pop Classic server is massive compared to vanilla servers. That just informs us that at the time he wrote that message, Low in Classic could potentially still be very packed, even compared to a Vanilla full realm? So if it had close to Vanilla server cap it would be Low, but if it had 10 players it would also still be Low? Am I wrong there?

Good sir, in the very first post I made to you I also identified and posted proof that the Low, Medium, High population designations no longer mean what they used to mean. If you go back and check that post you will see I included this quote.

So to conclude, can we agree that a Low population Classic realm could be larger than a Vanilla realm, but it could also be lower? Especially given the post by Kaivax, confirming that they changed it? Which if you go back and check, you will see that I preemptively included in my first ever response to you.

I assure you, I am not trolling you, and I am not trying to argue with you on bad faith. I am literally saying you could be correct even, we just have no way to prove it either way…

NO.

BECAUSE those posts are no longer valid. This isn’t hard to understand, they don’t give updated information about everything that changes in the game or in their systems. It’s a failure of communication as it has always been with Blizzard.

The SHEER FACT that LAYERING no longer exists should make you realize that things have changed. Those posts were made with layering and HUGELY increased realm populations in mind, that were divided up with layering.

There are three Low population servers. Do the people on those servers some justice and log on and do your own little census taking (because you don’t trust the Blizzard data that’s being sent out, but you love to link Blizzard posts from half a year ago) and tell me how those realms are doing.

Heck, go on some of those “HUGELY populated” Medium pop servers like Arcanite Reaper and look around. I’ve already checked and I won’t bother showing you the census screenshots I have of concurrent users, since you’ve already disregarded that as “possibly inaccurate” for no reason.

There’s a reason this thread exists.

1 Like

Since they put up paid transfers, I think the time of free transfers is over.

Blizz gonna get your cash for the move, or you can relevel on a not dead server.

Go on Arcanite Reaper and take a look around. It’s Sunday, there’s less than 700 people online Alliance and Horde combined.

Medium population server.

2 Likes

You are once again missing my point man. That post from Kaivax literally said that they changed how the designation of how Low, Medium and High population is determined. It’s literally based on a seven day average for that server now. Effectively the designation means nothing at this point except when scope is narrowed down to an individual server. So, I don’t understand why you are getting stuck on these designations.

Debating you is frustrating because you constantly ignore the actual whole argument I am making in favor of attacking a small two sentence point, as if it exists in a vaccuum. At first I thought you were deliberately doing this in an effort to strawman or argue out of context, but I am starting to believe you just don’t know any better? You are also inconsistent. You fail to acknowledge that I addressed the exact same points you were trying to make in my initial response to you in the other thread. You start by using a post made a few days after the thread I provided to you when you asked for a source from the claim of another user. And made it out like it somehow refuted the initial statement I made, again ignoring the fact that literally already addressed it in my initial response.

I am kind of flabbergasted at this last response. I would honestly accuse you of arguing in bad faith at this point, but I honestly don’t think that’s the case. I feel like you are just having difficulty seeing the forest for the trees here, and that’s okay.

I think maybe at this point it’s probably best if we just agree to disagree. Seems like we are both stubborn enough that this will go on quite a while longer.

Dodging, you’re good at that.

Log onto Arcanite Reaper and tell me that server as a Medium designation has more people than any Full Vanilla realm, like you’ve stated multiple times.

If a Full server in 2006 would be labeled as Low today, that would mean ANY realm at Medium would have to be at least as populated as a Full realm in 2006.

How do we know these posts are no longer accurate? Common sense. Log onto Arcanite Reaper (Medium population) and try to tell me that server is equal to a Full population Vanilla realm. There’s currently 700 people online that dying realm, on a Sunday. There’s posts all over from people who play there, telling us that it’s dead.

Read your own posts, understand what you were implying and realize that I’m right here.

2 Likes