Arcane spec bonuses

For this specialization, in Season 4, I would like the bonuses (updated) from:

Para esta especialización, en la temporada 4, me gustarían las bonificaciones (actualizadas) de:

Para esta especialização na Série 4, quero os bônus (atualizados) da:

• Season 1 / Temporada 1 / Série 1
  • Season 2 / Temporada 2 / Série 2
  • Season 3 / Temporada 3 / Série 3
0 voters

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/choose-your-own-gear-in-dragonflight-season-4/1760899/1

2 Likes

Tier bonus recap -

Season 1

• (2) Set Bonus: For each Arcane Charge, Arcane Blast critical strike chance is increased by 5% and Arcane Explosion critical strike chance is increased by 3%.
  • (4) Set Bonus: When Arcane Blast or Arcane Explosion critically strikes at least one target, the critical strike chance of your next Arcane Barrage is increased by 10%, up to 4 stacks.

Season 2

• (2) Set Bonus: Arcane Surge increases Spell Damage by an additional 10% and its duration is increased by 3 sec.
  • (4) Set Bonus: For every 24000 Mana spent on and during Arcane Surge, your spell damage is increased by 1% for 18 sec after Arcane Surge fades, stacking up to 25 times. Mana regeneration is increased by 50% for this time.

Season 3

• (2) Set Bonus: Consuming Clearcasting grants increased spell damage by 2% for 20 sec, stacking up to 10%.
  • (4) Set Bonus: After consuming Clearcasting 3 times, your next Arcane Missiles consumes Arcane Battery, dealing 150% increased damage to your primary target and fires at up to 4 nearby enemies dealing 100% increased damage.
19 Likes

Thanks. I want S2 2-piece combined with S3 4-piece, but both buffed a little since the synergy is a little off. Or fix S3 2-piece so we don’t have to fish for CC procs 10 times between pulls and I’d be happy to stay with S3. Battery is just way too cool to pass up.

23 Likes

Yes you nailed it, I’m voting for S3 but I like your idea better

1 Like

I’m voting for season 3. It’s the only set bonus that has an actual impact on our play style.

They just need to buff CC generation to bring it in line imo, because the buff shouldn’t be falling off due to bad RNG.

3 Likes

To anyone sitting on the fence about their choice; allow me to present my opinion.

They say they will tune the bonuses. So lets assume that damage does not matter. We merely vote based on which is more enjoyable.

Season 1 grants us more crit on 3 abilities. Arcane Mage has no interaction with crit besides Number Bigger. This is a passive bonus that does not really spice things up.

Season 2 grants us more time on Surge and a bonus after surge ends. This provides us with more mana and a longer burst window. While this can be enjoyable; it is still rather passive and does not provide any REAL benefit in AoE situations.

Season 3. The AoE cleave Arcane Missiles. Something we’ve been YEARNING FOR for decades. Its stylish, its enjoyable, and it spices up our AoE priority. The 2pc indeed is annoying, but the 4pc is something that feels great every time it procs.

Vote with confidence. Vote for Season 3. Vote for Cleaving Arcane Missiles.

14 Likes

Based Arcane Mages voting for Season 3. Love you.

Those voting for season 2 need to touch grass.

8 Likes

I second this, the 4pc of season 3 is really fun and has a meaningful impact on our gameplay, but the 2pc is a constant source of frustration.

2 Likes

People voting for season 2 seriously need to have their heads checked.

4 Likes

THIS! ^^^

And while you are asking for feedback many of us want to see the S3 4 set tier bonus, Arcane Battery, become a talent going forward. Ideally with a proc condition that is less clunky, such as gaining Clearcasting rather than consuming it.

3 Likes

S2 is a little boring and runs counter to Arcane’s bursty nature, but S3 opener is cursed. I’d still gladly take the S3 tier set in the tree if it means we can finally be rid of Radiant Spark, though.

4 Likes

Based votes for Season 3.
PS1 Hagrid would be proud!

2 Likes

Unless they make S3 less of a headache to track im voting S2

3 Likes

I honestly don’t see this. It looks cool but you don’t change that much to use it, nothing at all for ST.

Kind of feel like we’re shafted here. S3 is the most interesting but getting clear casting charge is so rng based…

S1 is bigger dmg but in pvp you want to dump for the big dmg anyways.

S2 is probably the tie breaker here.

1 Like

My only regret is I cannot upvote this more than once.

3 Likes

Season 3 but make quality of life change so it’s easier to use - sucks being one zero charges and needed to arcane explosion for AoE charge generation, losing the proc. Maybe make it a lasting buff with no timer, like Presence of Mind.

3 Likes

Yes!
I will mourn the day they take it away. Free up some talent space/Get rid of harmony or radiant spark or mana gem capstone and give us arcane battery.

4 Likes

If its anything like last Expansion, M+ will be the most played content.

Season 4 will allow the highest crit all expansion, with this flat % we would sit at around 50% (or more) passive crit and perhaps higher with certain trinkets.

Arcane Mages Received a substantial rework to its talent tree in 10.1.5, so we really never got to try this in the same builds, like orb barrage. I think it has some exciting features.

The Mana is a huge QOL at the end of an expansion as our haste and other stats are at an all time high, the damage will get tweaked on all the sets, but not the mana impacts. This also has synergies with enlightened.

I would also say this gives a good boost in AOE as you can surge/combo then go into the orb barrage rotation with a buff.

I would hope the 2pc gets tweaked, but even then i think RNG will always have an impact, but likely the winner if they fix that.

1 Like

If any of you vote for anything but s3 imma find u.

1 Like