Arcane Missiles Nerf - I don't Get Why

I just tried my mage out for the first time after they did the changes and… good god, these changes are not fun or enjoyable. Arcane Missile used to be a very fun spell, just spam it or don’t… now, it’s a garbage spell on a substantial cooldown. Like… why? Who thought this was a good idea?

Blizzard, change this crap back, and figure out how to fix the spec in other ways, without destroying one of the most iconic spells in game.

3 Likes

I don’t get the change either. Though I am adapting, I don’t think arcane will be my main nor is it fun like it was.

I’d use it for clearing old raids sometimes. The change doesn’t do much though.

1 Like

Actually some of us only use mage for farming old content so our DPS doesn’t matter in any possible conceivable way LOL. And this change is a bit annoying for someone like me. If it’s not annoying it’s certainly was a pointless change

2 Likes

Exactly. Not the end of the world but kind of pointless

Of all the things that don’t matter in the world of things that don’t matter, it’s hard to think of a thing that matters less than this.

1 Like

Well, that’s farming. Not dungeons or raiding.

Stopped reading right there.

1 Like

uh…yeah? lol.
the other side to this is blizzard literally telling everyone theyre too dumb to play the spec correctly and need their hands held as to when to fire AM off, lmao

Then switch to frost and use ice lance? I just clear sub well for move last night as frost is fine

been a while since i tried frost…is it multi target? I like to have arcane blast as an option if there are mobs.

Actually fair seems to be doing very good in beta .

ST seems sunfury advance ahead but otherwise seem friar is going well.

Friar in beta also seems to doing very good damage in AoE

Fireball should be cast when everything else is on cooldown. It casts faster and does more damage if you wait on casting it. You should be doing your instant casts to proc the pyroblast. Frost bolt is mostly just an opening shot on a single target to slow their approach.

If you’re worried about open world and farming just use Barrage if you don’t like casting.

It’s instant, free and can proc Clearcasting.

I was being sarcastic at that point, mostly in explaining the part where it is possible for there to be clearly wrong buttons to push but someone might want to be pushing them anyways.

1 Like

Heeey, watch jalip. Naw, I couldn’t resist the pun and that was the best sentence to use for it. :slight_smile:

Wow. I take it back. I reacted before I field tested them. I was accidentally pulling bosses in the memories of Azeroth campaign not even fully levelled to 480. The way those buff up procs stack is incredible. Never give an Arcane Mage time to get wound up.

1 Like

Yeah, I just didn’t want the uninitiated to get the wrong idea. Rock on.

1 Like

It’s a pain in the butt to spam AB. With AB the build up to acceptable damage is ridiculously slow. AM had a great damage output. It was so easy to use to fight enemies. AM is much more interesting than AB. I believe waiting for procs just to use AM is inefficient when in combat.

As I said elsewhere…