Arcane Missiles Nerf - I don't Get Why

I think that is pretty normal gear to have if you just do world content and have just finished leveling up. You shouldn’t really have to get geared up to do world content/quests.

I thought Arcane was about building full stacks and then pressing the 90 million buttons that was your burst window, like hand-weaving signs in Naruto.

2 Likes

Yeah this is really vile. Arcane doesn’t have that many instant cast spells and most of the ones they have are on cd. So using arcane blast in world content when people around you are killing things before your cast hits sucks.

I may end up having to play frost for world content. I have a fire mage but I don’t really enjoy that in world content either.

Although part of the problem is the starter build. You don’t even get presence of mind - once you pick that up you get 2 instant casts of arcane blast (that has a cd though too).

I agree, but when one is at the bare minimum gear level, some specs may notice a greater difference in difficulty.

Once your gear level is higher, that difference becomes much less.

literally a skill issue

1 Like

blizzard changed everything - at most a knowledge issue and I have no idea why you think your remark will be of any value. Have you played arcane mage in world content this last week?

Ok, I’ll be helpful: At the bottom of your talents page, there is a blank spot you can type words into. Type “mass” and hit enter. You’re welcome.

Yes

Why should I thank you ?

For filling the gaps in the alleged knowledge issue.

1 Like

I never gained any value from your post so I will pass on that.

ok

/10char

1 Like

Arcane in open world kills like everything in 2-3 casts of arcane blast why tf were you spamming missles

1 Like

because if you are playing in DF depending what you are doing - the mobs can get hit by other players and die before the cast lands. Plus you are often having to move out of stuff.

I spent about an hour earlier playing arcane and I really miss having missiles available too. You mostly didn’t even have to cast more than one missile and things were dead so it was a lot faster than blast.

1 Like

Well I miss it too, and maybe it should be just be a talent swap so we could chose. You chose how to spec your toons, I chose how to spec mine. In Remix on a trial 20 running Jade Temple, it was faster. In Dragonflight I just keep one Mage on both active accounts to send my toons back to get the weekly quest since quest sharing was rooted so badly a few patches ago. Insert your flame here as I just post and never read replies.

1 Like

It really wasnt a full arcane charge blast did like 2-3x the dmg of missles…

Arcane missile spam is pretty fun

1 Like

In BFA it was like that but I found in DF for missiles to be far more effective.

I looked earlier and one arcane blast started at 16k damage and one volley of missiles did over 107k. I don’t know what it was before but missiles is far superior right now except you don’t have access to it in the same way.

Thats with clearcasting proc and no arcane charges lmao. You use arcane orb to get 4 charges and then never use the charges for arcane blast in open world. Mine hits for 52k for 1.2sec cast while non clearcast missles is 70k for 2.6seconds.

I see so what advantage is there to using two spells when one spell will kill the mob when you are questing?

lmao…and unlike those obsessed with maxing every point of DPS, I personally couldnt give two squats if my damage is sub par…
Its an annoying change for MY game.

1 Like