Arcane Missiles Changes

A small minority if vocal enough could possibly create change. I don’t think they’ll change their mind on this.

Wot they do?

Because Blizzard doesn’t actually care about what we like and dislike about their specs as much as we wish they would.

Also, they’re actually undoing a change that was semi-unpopular that they made ~6 years ago that undid a change that was probably unpopular from ~14 years ago. So they’ll probably roll it back, you’ll just have to wait 6 years.

If I’ve got a good enough memory and my sources are right:

1. Arcane Missiles was freely castable during vanilla and BC.
  2. In WotLK they added a proc that would buff the missiles and reduce its mana cost, but it was still castable without the proc.
  3. In Cata they introduced the concept of only being able to cast it through a proc.
  4. In BfA they reverted back to the WotLK concept (can cast whenever, proc to buff it)
  5. In TWW they reverted back to the Cata concept (can only cast with proc).

In a nutshell, missiles’ castability has changed quite a bit over WoW’s history. This is just them going back to something we had previously.

yeah, this was just another needless Ion-ization of something that was totally unnecessary.

All he HAD to do was leave it AS IS…and IF Im too dumb to figure it out, make it glow when its optimal to cast…BUT LET ME DECIDE IF I want to cast it when I WANT to cast it.

I dont use Arcane for current content. I use it to farm ONE shot OLD content. This change just makes it so AM is entirely UNused by me now…

Of course they wont revert to at least what I said above…make it glow when its the best time to use it like 100 other abilites theyve done this with…BUT LET ME DECIDE IF I WANT TO USE IT WHEN I CHOOSE TO

Ion has a habit of making bad decisions, the doubling down on them when we complain…that is until half a million subs walk out, which is what he seems to have to push it to every time before we get the “Sorry, we made ANOTHER bad call here” line yet again

Personally, I enjoy the change. It feels like nearly all our caster classes rely on procs anymore. I like not having to worry about it on this spec. Just my preference.

2 Likes

I agree majorly. Love that the spell is proc only again so it doesn’t suffocate the rotation. Hate how low the proc rate is. I’d be fine if the spell was castable without a proc again as long as it didn’t give clear casting procs on its own (when casted un-procced). Fishing for procs with it was so silly.

Also really want a glyph to make the spell look like it did back in WoD again with the arcing missiles. The confetti sparklers we have now are ok but I miss the classic look.

Increase the proc rate but dont make it castable out of cc. Dont listen to these guys.

You mean you don’t want to cosplay as Jubilee from the X-Men animated series? I even unlocked the yellow open coat from Time Rifts.

1 Like

Here’s a better idea, make AM castable at all times but CC gives more damage. I really hate the change. It makes it harder to take down enemies. Without AM, the only attack we have is AB which you have to spam to do any damage.

Old Arcane Missiles: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: (all mana gone).

New arcane Missiles: :arrow_right::arrow_right::arrow_right::arrow_right::arrow_right::arrow_right::arrow_right::arrow_right::arrow_right::arrow_right::arrow_right::arrow_right::arrow_right::arrow_right:
(0 cost of mana; Castable while moving).

2 Likes

You forgot the part where the new missiles also have a chance at building arcane charges

2 Likes

Exactly. It only has advantages.

1 Like

In my opinion, old AM is so much better because you could deal mass damage, plus it was easier to take down enemies. True it did cost a bunch of mana but I still think it was much better. You didn’t have to wait for procs to use it.

Check the details and u ll see the dmg is much better now.

I still think it was easier because you could pummel your enemies without any requirement other than mana.

Definitely disliking the low proc rate.

Also for the spec being Arcane, you know ORDER magic… it feels very RNG not ordered at all.

Making clearcasting come from definitive sources would be way nicer such as: Consuming 2 charges Nether Precision
Firing Arcane Barrage at full Arcane Charges
Casting a CD like Touch of the Magi, Arcane Surge, Evocation, Mirror Images, Shifting Power

This would make the spec way less RNG and give a regular flow to it too. You’d open double Arcane Orb in ST for max charges then barrage to proc clearcast for missiles that gives Nether precision then you flow into Arcane Blast twice then Missiles making a core flow of AB AB AM
And this deterministic clearcasting would make Aether Attunement happen more regularly too. Although Having Supernova and Arcane Barrage also give Aether Attunement would be good additions but then I feel we’re overloading Arcane Missiles role in the spec…

1 Like

Can’t believe anyone would ask for them to revert proc-only AM, but reading the post just shows that the ppl asking for free-cast AM do not know how to actually play Arcane at even a basic level regardless of AM being proc/freecast.

also who tf tags mobs with AM?

1 Like

I’m not trying to dog on anybody here specifically , but my brother “who does not play WoW very often” tried a Mage back in BfA and so many times when I’d see him playing, he would be face-tanking mobs while one-button-spamming Arcane Missiles— over and over again.

Needless to say, he did not stick with a Mage for very long after that.

My point is that this is probably not far off…

1 Like

The change was to destroy the harmony stacking builds.

They don’t want arcane mages spamming missles to stack harmony to drop a big barrage crit like they used too in SL

1 Like