Arcane Linguist Broken

September 4, 2020 - Still Broken.

It’s literally part of my character that he understands those languages from when I GOT the thing. I really do hope it gets fixed eventually Or perchance at least ACKNOWLEDGE that its broken in the first place? Come along dears…

3 Likes

To be honest, I stopped playing WoW for two years, and came back to it still being broken… Its… very sad.

1 Like

Stilllllll broke.

At least this.

1 Like

Still borked!

1 Like

Shadowlands Prepatch is live… Still haven’t fixed this problem after 2 years?

3 Likes

Please put the LINGUIST back in Arcane Linguist. I should be able to speak all Horde languages as well as understand them.

3 Likes

New patch, any news?

1 Like

Still bupkis. :frowning:

1 Like

Can we plz get fix to this

[Patch 8.1.5] (2019-03-12): Arcane Linguist now allows you to comprehend the languages of the [Allied Races]
They wont be fixing it, the patch after 8.1.0 which broke the ability Blizz has made it Comprehend only.

That was when it was completely broken. For a time it didn’t work at all. Then they “fixed it”, but only gave us back the “comprehension” part and not the “linguist” part.

Pretty sure they said at the time that they decided at the time to not restore the linguist part.

They didn’t, that’s why this thread exists.

It’s been 84 years and I’m not going to forget.

Role-players enjoyed this little flavor to our immersion for a long time. There should be no reason why I can’t speak the other languages of my faction if I have Arcane Linguist.

Nor have I, I quit because of it. If they fix it, I may return.

1 Like

It’s been 84 years and I’m not giving up on this. It was my favorite quirk as a mage and added to class fantasy.

As of Dragonflight Prepatch, the issue is still unresolved. Only just came back to wow and to find this still unresolved is disheartening.

With the new push towards opening up racial options and cross faction aspects, I hop this can get a second look!

1 Like

I check this thread every year. Honestly it’s such a disservice to rpers.

1 Like

New year, remaining complaint. Please fix Arcane Linguist and add in Allied Races languages too.

1 Like