Arcane Legendaries!

Having a hard time choosing the correct Arcane Legendary! I know I don’t want to take Temporal Warp but I am not sure if Harmony or Bombardment is better for what I’m doing which is: Heroic raiding 2x/week and M+ the rest of the time. Part of me thinks Bombardment might be better because its best for M+ and does fine in raids whereas Harmony is mostly ST. Is this correct?

Harmony and Bombardment both buff Arcane Barrage which isn’t technically part of our burst rotation in ST (except as a burst finisher in extended fights). So if you’re looking for that, Temporal Ring wins out.

Bombardment is your best legendary for sustained and burst AoE, which is what Mythic+ basically is. It’s an execute on already hilariously powerful nuke, and with TOTM base and AO effectively base as the best talent on its row, you have a lot more on-demand charges to time for it. It also performs decently in raids.

Harmony is pretty good and consistent. Unlike Bombardment, it’s always active at any enemy health level. You use CC AMs on AOE anyway so this passively empowers your burst. The issue is that it’ll be hard to stack to 15 as you’ll need to expend the CC AM immediately so that AE won’t consume it. On ST, it’s just a little awkward with the stack count effectively capping at 2 Clearcast AM casts. Since you dont cast Barrage til the end of AP, it can feel wasteful.

Given that you apparently will spend most of your time in Mythic+, I’d go with Bombardment. But there’s also nothing wrong with having a rank 1 Temporal Warp handy for ST raid fights.

3 Likes

I largely came to the same conclusions and ended up making Arcane Harmony first, partly because Arcane Bombardment wasn’t available this week and partly because Temporal Warp is useless in solo content (like Torghast) and may or may not be in an M+ group because let’s face it Time Warp is about the only group utility an Arcane Mage brings to the group.

In a matter of a few months it’s won’t even matter and in the meantime as long as you have a legendary that performs halfway well (which Arcane Harmony does) you should be fine.

I also really like the Arcane Echo talent just for the epic visual (sue me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and Arcane Harmony actively makes it better (although not the best) for AoE too so it’s not just a ST choice. Lastly, once the 1 legendary cap is removed having both Arcane Harmony and Arcane Bombardment would be insane and, so far at least, they are the only two legendaries that have a clear synergy together.

But at the end of the day I would really like to see some more inspired legendaries for Arcane, particularly ones that are not purely passive. Gimme :clap:t2: the :clap:t2: AO :clap:t2: lego :clap:t2: from :clap:t2: Legion!

2 Likes