✨ Arcane for raiding?

I see a lot of arcane mages in the eternal palace on YouTube videos that is ,how is it doing for raiding these days ?im back after a long hiatus from raiding …
I don’t want to be cutting edge simply decent and arcane has always appealed to me lorewise. Wats your experience so far ?after the patch that is.

1 Like

anything is fine if you don’t care about pushing mythic/cutting edge

arcane isnt the best spec in the game but it’s fine. super trait/essence dependent though.

1 Like

From what I’m hearing arcane is awful in EP because of the insane movement. Like the guides themselves are pretty much “don’t play arcane on at least 2 fights and the rest will still suck.”

As stated above, you’ll probably be ok if you’re in a normal guild, but the early news isn’t promising. I’ll reserve final judgment until after I’ve stepped inside EP.

7/8N and 6/8H here lol it’s pretty rough

playing arcane on radiance is legit impossible i’d rather seppuku

2 Likes

I’ve only done the first 6, and it’s a real pain. Idk if it’s just my lack of experience with the fights, but it feels like there is so much forced movement.

Radiance was particularly awful. There were so many tornadoes to dodge that it was almost impossible to sit still and cast. I only managed to top the meters on that fight because most of the raid was full of pugs running into tornadoes. :unamused:

1 Like

Radiance just might be the worst fight I’ve ever done as Arcane (rivaling U’unat), and I’ve only done it on Normal . . . I don’t even want to think about it on Heroic.

Commander and Ashvane aren’t bad imo.

As with most fights cooldown timing for Arcane is pretty imperative with mechanic intense fights for moving: I think in this tier particularly on SquidBoi and Blackwater Behemoth, but I didn’t find them particularly terrible.

Council with the decrees can be pretty painful depending on RNG and the movement one.

I’ve yet to do Za’qul and Queen (been plagued with BDOS issues over the past two days, fun fun).

I’m sure my opinions of these fights will change with Heroic though, I know that was somewhat the case with some BoD fights.

With that said, it is definitely another tier where despite Arcane needing some rework in general, we will suffer because this tier is somewhat cruel in terms of forced movement/interruptible movement and some rng mechanics.

Can it be done? Yes. Arcane is absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to damage logs in normal and heroic though.

Lol, that’s like saying “Can you 1v1 Lebron James and win?” Yes, it’s possible, but you have to count on him tripping, spraining his ankle and letting you shoot at will :smiley:

8 Likes

The very fact that we have logs proves that it’s possible but yes, it’s just about as unlikely as your scenario :grin:

2 Likes

Our arcane mage swore all the tornados were following him.

8 Likes

So then whats the best spec for EP?

With arcane you might get anoyed by the fact even if you preform your rotation perfect you wont hit near top dps. If you mess up your rotation youll be near the tanks in damage.

4 Likes

I’ve been enjoying fire. I seem to be middle of the pack in my raid group. We have a frost mage that runs about the same or higher. I was going to switch back to arcane because I like it and the rotation is straightforward, but there is so much movement I’m not going to bother switching.

Cleared all of normal last week plus first 3 on heroic.

Did some fights as arcane and some as frost. I didn’t know anything about the fights beforehand.

My DPS was comically bad. Pretty much the worst in the raid with either spec :frowning:

1 Like

im hoping for an over haul of arcane in the near future.
a few months ago i suggest the addition of new spells to the build, some exist already in the wow universe like

or

or even

such a tragedy that we are confined to such few boring spells for the arcane build. I heard that the devs said that they went overboard with pruning maybe good things are in the works, fingers crossed.

4 Likes

We did it boys!

Surely this will fix all of Arcane’s problems! :rofl:

5 Likes

It’ll help for sure. Too bad there’s still other issues with the spec.

1 Like

They never should have changed missiles to the comedy/tragedy they are. They’re the most pointless part of arcane right now.

Cast when clear casting procs, no interaction with charges, never cast them during arcane power … they’re useless.

Arcane Orb still a top tier talent even though it isn’t anymore. Talent rows still mixed up with ST and AoE in the same row, still need to be in melee to do AoE damage (and it’s not great AoE damage), traits are all RNG based for AoE … even the essences are just “there” with no interaction with the spec to make gameplay fun or more engaging.

It’s just a big hot mess this expansion. It needs to a total rework (AGAIN).

9 Likes

I think too many issues to fix, and the current class devs couldn’t design their way out of a paper bag. The big pre-mythic balancing pass is effectively:

One guy looks at warcraft logs, picks worst spec.
Give worst spec a minor aura buff, totally insufficient to make it useful.
Make post about Arcane buff.

Total time spent: Less than one man hour.

They aren’t even phoning it in at this point.

1 Like

It’s fine? It is dead last still and has been. There are a couple of fights in Eternal Palace where it does okay, but to say the spec is fine shows you likely haven’t played arcane in a long while.

They even just gave it a 6% buff. Not sure it will help much but that shows Arcane isn’t fine.

I do agree with your first part though where if you are not pushing mythic or world first races then you will be fine enough where you aren’t holding the raid back.

1 Like