Arcane Familiar

What do you mean, you don’t love your magical manhole cover!? :crazy_face::cowboy_hat_face:

I completely agree, of course. We’re mages, our class hall mount should have been the ability to make ourselves fly using magic. Whether via shapeshifting or just some VFX particles around the character model and levitation.

P.S. For what it’s worth they are finally fixing some of the riding animations for disk type mounts and giving them a /mountspecial. It will be available with the pre patch.

3 Likes

You obviously dont know the greatest mage of all time medivh

I honestly liked the glowing ball.

1 Like

False, but I can understand why you’d think that. Khadgar says during a quest in Azsuna that he prefers using Atiesh’s Raven Form, but in the same expansion, Khadgar says that he was taught how to transform into a Raven by Medivh, and this is corroborated during the Karazhan dungeon when Medivh transforms into one without the staff.

It’s probably something Medivh learned because he had the staff, and eventually reached a point of not needing it. Same with Kadghar

I agree. The bird looks dumb. Arcane Familiar may have been copy/pasted from Diablo 3’s Wizard, but the floating spark was distinctive and actually did something. If you want a bird/tome/elemental to follow you around, there are companion pets that have been in the game for a very long time.
Leave Arcane Familiar alone.

1 Like

Yes, but Medivh cheats… :wink:

Thanks.

I find this type of change annoying. When something like a pet that fights with you has been in the game for years, chances are you are going to upset people if you suddenly change the appearance without adding an option to keep the original appearance. All I want is at least the option to do the spark instead. A glyph would be great, but when I think of an arcane familiar in Azeroth, I do not think of a bird. I think of that spark or an arcane elemental. Someone also mentioned the mana wyrms that I love and also think of related to WoW magic.

Not everyone likes playing with pets and that is fine, but those of us who do enjoy our pet classes (e.g., hunter, dk, mage, shaman…), tend to get attached to our pets and often build lore and themes around characters and their pets in the game. Just like with the removal of the permanent frost mage elemental pet, they need to leave the option to have it, or the arcane spark, there. I personally would love to have all mage specs with an optional permanent pet, and I am all about having pets with more abilites and the option to at least partially control them, as hunters, dks, and shaman get to a degree. Just give us the options, please.

2 Likes