Arcane Barrage Bugged

Is the mana returned for Arcane Barrage bugged? It seems like it’s not returning the correct amount of mana or any mana at all for me. I’m surprised it’s taken Blizzard this long to notice… Shows you Arcane is a **** spec to them.

1 Like

It returns half the mana the tooltip states it should, and it has been doing that since the beginning of the expansion.

It’s either a bug or an undocumented hotfix nerf. We don’t know because Blizzard refuses to address it.

4 Likes

It’s been bugged since the prepatch and Blizzard doesn’t care. At this point, I think we should all make a thread in the bug report section and cover the front page because they clearly don’t read the mage forum. This isn’t even about under performance; this is LITERALLY A BUG THAT HAS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED FOR THREE MONTHS

1 Like

Looks like this is being hotfixed.

Though maybe it’s just me being terrible at Maths, but doesn’t 1.5 x 4 = 6 and not 8? To me, that’s only a 1% gain over live, and we’re still missing 2% mana somewhere.

It’s also not going to fix Arcane in any way. Busted spec with outdated design doing pitiful damage.

1 Like

The description used to say 2%, but now they settled on 1.5% it seems. Better than what it was I guess. I just don’t get why this took so long to get fixed.

2 Likes

not sure. lol

Yeah seems they decided to pretend they didn’t originally say 2% per charge and it will now “correctly return 1.5% mana.”

Even when it was bugged the two weeks I played arcane I didn’t have mana issues. Quite the opposite.

Are you kidding me!? First they ignored this glaring bug for MONTHS and now that they finally got around to “fixing” it they’re just going to pretend that the tooltip didn’t always say 2% and that we’re blind!?? I am mad as hell!

This is downright disrespectful. It’s fine if they don’t give a damn about a certain spec and let it rot on the vine, it’s their game and they can do whatever crappy thing they want, but don’t lie to my face and insult my intelligence just because you were too lazy fix your broken game for months on end and are now trying to save face by blatantly lying and willfully choosing to ignore facts.

I am disgusted.

2 Likes

Agreed… this is just how Blizz rolls anymore.

It’s become standard corporate policy:

• Blatant issue that users can take advantage of? Fix it immediately!
  • Bug that affects users, resulting in large-scale complaints? Try to fix it soon™
  • Bug that affects non-main specs, resulting in low-scale complaints? Tweak the fine text so it’s technically accurate and move on

It’s all about efficiencies with them, they clearly care no about the actual user experience anymore unless it’s a catastrophic or monetary problem.

I mean, we wouldn’t want Arcane to break into the top 20 dps now would we? After all, why should an immobile turret spec have even passable damage when compared to spammy mobile specs?

I did call it though when I said at best the ABarr bug would be ‘fixed’ by Blizzard changing the text and not the actual mana return. It’s pretty disappointing, but hey at least they acknowledged that Arcane exists! Maybe this means we might see some buffs to make it viable in the next 6 months…

Not fixed, they just updated the tooltip to reflect what was seen in gameplay.

Guys, it never was supposed to be 2%, the tooltip rounds upward, the bug was that it was only restoring 1% per Arcane Charge, that has been fixed now.

I’ve been playing the game since Vanilla I don’t ever recall a tooltip rounding up half a percentage point before. That’s not even how math works, you don’t round up unless it’s .6 or higher… they teach that in kindergarten.

On another note, the Mystic Kilt of the Runemaster, the Legion legendary this effect is based on, gave a whopping 3% mana back per Arcane Charge. I am so sick of this Legion 2.0/Lite expansion and its puny half measures.

It was 1.5% in spell data.