April Copeland's reponse to the new Kalimdor book

Quick deviation, I would like to point out to everyone we are now just 25 days away from seeing what they will do to the new version.(assuming they don’t outright cancel/change the date again)

5 Likes

If they actually changed anything then we won’t see it for a while. All printing worldwide is having supply problems and delays of months are not uncommon. Then I’d imagine at least a month to do the changes as well and to double-check the new version to make sure it’s alright.
So personally I’d guess at the earliest is March if they changed anything about the book.

But if you’re trying to use the “out” of “You don’t have to agree with this subjective character,” then you’re backing off of actually making an objective point.

2 Likes

And if they delayed without changing anything thinking a month of holidays will let them escape our collective wrath, especially given April’s comments, they are sorely mistaken

2 Likes

They pulled it from Kindle as well. Supply problems aren’t the only reason it was pulled, if that’s what you’re insinuating.

1 Like

I never said it was the only reason or anything about a reason why it was pulled, I’m just saying that if they actually changed anything about the book, then it would be essentially impossible for it to release within the next two months.
As I doubt they would only release the e-book without the physical copy.

3 Likes

This is why i think that “just” a delay two months is too short, especially if they have decided to seriously rewrite many parts of it - not just Zekhan being taught by Lor’themar.

Regarding France, it took an unusual delay of five months for the Grimoire of Shadowland and beyond to be released so i guess that i will have to wait next summer to have Exploring Kalimdor.

“collectiv wrath”? What are you talking about… you and your small group on twitter is not a collective, and you will further support them if you buy their books to take a look IF they have changed anything, if you want to punish them…you should stop giving them money.

its sounds not really healthy to talk about this in such a way.

2 Likes

WoW Twitter is more active than the Story Forums, and you can actually talk to the writers on there.

Personally, I sub only with WoW Tokens. But, it’s not like someone quitting the game and not saying anything is going to encourage change.

Twitter is more active than the story forum, but if you start flooding the devs with messages the only result will be that you´ll end on some blacklists…or they activate whitelisting.

I understand the desire to scream at the devs, beliefe me…BUT, boys…the ship is sailed, if you want to punish them, stop supporting them. They had now …4 f. years…4! …

i stopped sub, but a good friend of mine thought it would be a “gift” if he buy me playtime, so i can write here again…for a few months ^^

I mean, sure, but I think it’s more about constructive criticism than punishment really.
Do you think we all should stop playing a game that means a lot to us just because we disagree with parts of its story? I don’t, and yeah, maybe I’m selfish for that.

But can and should we criticise it? Definitely yes.

9 Likes

Nah, don’t let anyone guilt trip you with that nonsense.

3 Likes

Fair but let’s look at MoP. We had criticisms about the faction war, and what did they do with that? Repeat the same problems in BfA, but worse.

8 Likes

These twitteraccs on twitter are private-accs, they don’t present blizzard at this moment but themselves. no one said that you are selfish^^ you can play wow as long as you want^^

So, if we now send a bunch of…thousand tweets, how do you think they will react?

Baal start to loose his mind about the waste of potential wow have and the game is important to him, to us, but don´t repeat his mistakes…his mistake is to think that he can force a change from outside, the sadly trueth is, no one of us can this, we tried it for 15 years…if he want to change anything, he must start a job at blizzard Ent.

no, i do not. Why are you thinking i stalk baal on twitter? I argued a few times with him here and on twitter, and had requests about his au setting, but most of the time i spent not enough time on twitter to “stalk” anyone ^^ (if stalking means here “Following”)

but i´ll agree, to stay up to date to his au setting i followed him, but that was about his au setting and only for this because it was quite interesting.

Change can always occur from outside institutions by way of creating external pressures, presenting the institution with one of two options:

1. The den of sharks and wolves that offer to remove the tumor by amputation
  2. The softer gentler hands, both inside and out, that will remove the tumor without amputation

But make no mistake: the latter is never chosen historically by the grace and mercy of the institution, only by the threat, stress, and anxiety otherwise of the former.

We’ve been presented an opportunity by accidental and desperate revelations of someone privy to their internal dynamics.

We have the ear of people both inside who are also concerned and people outside who already have their ear in turn.

Whether anything will come of it is another issue, as doing so requires unlearning Afrasiabi’s Cursed Motto (No Negativity In The Dojo), unlearning what is apparently their internal standards and hermeneutic of interpretation (refusing to even say the words ethnicity or race, even in a Diversity At Blizzard article by the C-Suite Story Executive), and engaging in long-standing criticisms of the story that were actively ignored by people now revealed to be abusers, where there are rumors that the suspicions of what parts of the story we all loathe were actually due to Afrasiabi’s creative leadership are in fact correct.

So we will see.

He follows me on twitter, but no.

My latest weirdo that is alternating between sexual harassment and racial harassment in evidently French, which Zahir is not to my knowledge and time zones are incorrect.

5 Likes

Idk who that is T.T lmao

My arguments with Baal were always wow lore-related, never on a personal level with regard to origin or skin colour.

3 Likes

Deleted that comment, cause it’s an accusation.

1 Like

The problem Blizzard devs create for themselves is that although there would be plenty of “opportunities” to communicate, they refuse to do so on a level playing field with their fanbase.

I mean, well, the Twitter accounts are personal accounts, they write “My tweets are my own” or other things, meaning they don’t embody the company on Twitter with these accounts and also not the things they themselves fulfil as devs for said company.

And the Warcraft Twitter acc is mostly some kind of PR stuff, meaning they simply forgot(by design) to have the possibility to deal with exactly such topics in the Warcraft Twitter…then the “harrasment” of their own community on their private accounts would also stop.

But no one has achieved an overall change since WOW existed, they are very resistant there.

1 Like