Apply to Join the WoW Community Council in 2024

very sorry, You’ll have to pay me to join this council… Plus I’m not willing to do any video/zoom conference meetings…

A fresh new set of yes men…

Well, they should. At least a few token replies to threads here and there so people see them participating/being visible

If they supposedly “represent” the community - but they didn’t disclose their “roleplay groups, discords, small streams, disability groups” etc in their Intro post - then they should at least be visible on the forums imo

We’re not all mind-readers, if someone has twitch streams/social media pages/Discords/etc in the background without disclosing links and such then the average forum’er probably has no idea what kind of work these CC’ers have in the background

2 Likes

They are voices of their community, of which there are many in the wider WoW world. They are not elected, and are not a representative in that way. They can only speak from their experiences within the individual communities they enjoy.

That is NOT the forum community for the most part. There are lots of forum voices already who are seen. It is the folks who are NOT seen in the Discords, RP communities, pet battles, deaf guilds, etc who also need a voice. They have no obligation to talk to the Forum community. No more than the few forum regs who might be on the Council have any requirement to go talk to their Discords or anything else.

That went really really badly when a small streamer did that in the first round of the Council. GD tore the person to bits and accused them of using the Council position to promote their stream/media. Nobody has been including links since, for good reason. Blizz also does not allow promotion or advertisement on the forums.

1 Like

So the Blue post inviting forum users to sign up is just a faux invitation and the lackeys on the council have already been selected.

6 Likes

I just submitted mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope blues screen players wisely and properly before adding them to.the council, especially if they post often in the forums.

I personally think the council should be 50 players instead of 100 if only a handful bother having discussions or concerns. Most of them don’t post at all.

1 Like

That’s just it. Most players, real people, probably have never visited the forums.

Better to have someone with 30K posts. Many of them have just as many achievements

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

Gnomes all the way

Existential crisis enters the chat

1 Like

Let’s face it most people who enjoy something will play it. The real motivation to visit the forum is grounded in either a complaint/quit or customer service request.

That’s how I got here. Searching for more information online about a technical problem during legion.

I kept being stuck in combat indefinitely with no mobs in my vicinity. Then I was interested in all the drama and dialogue.

That’s true, I think. I came to the forums looking for community and other people from my realm back in the day - The Venture Co.

I could see pre Discord days being a reason, but often guilds had Forums of their own. Had a whole trial period and voting process. Prove yourself and whatnot that isn’t so easily coordinated now with current tools.

Here, anyone shows up with a sub. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Well, except the secret forums.

The CC is like a read only secret forum. And I view it as an extra filter so that devs can hopefully have not only a variety of gamers, but expect higher quality posts.

I’m conflicted in that I love my banter and humor, but it would waste time by a developer trying to gather quality feedback. I’m my own worst enemy suggesting my faults, but momma didn’t raise no liars.

1 Like

I think you could weave in the humanity behind CC posts, banter and all. Yeah, it would be harder for folks to distinguish between sarcasm and parody at times, perhaps.

1 Like

Most players don’t bother with the forums so CC members’ time is better spent elsewhere.

I did as well. I really want an opportunity to give input on rogue daggers (the ones in game look awful) as well as xmogs, and welcoming, and helping write guides for new players.

GL with the project

I’d apply anyways. Opinions of different angles helps brings new ideas that no one thinks of.

1 Like

I don’t think posting in the forums is a requirement for being on the CC. This isn’t the only avenue for sharing thoughts and feedback on the game, after all. Don’t fall into the mental trap of ‘if I can’t see it, it doesn’t exist’ when it comes to something like giving feedback that can easily be happening in places where you can’t ‘see it’.

Apply to Join the WoW Community Council in 2024

Why would I?