Apostrophes in names

I just want to put an apostrophe in my elf names. Please. An apostrophe, I beg of you.

7 Likes

It’s called a top comma

A top comma is more like whatever you’ve done to the second “i” in your name.

1 Like

I need apostrophes for all my troll names too

3 Likes

You’d figure after 10+ years of game, Blizz would overcome the tech limitations and would allow us to have an optional surname or one apostrophe in our names.

1 Like

This would help the problem of naming toons. We’re all running out of cool names

1 Like

Girl, the cool names are already exhausted in full servers. :joy:

Even the variations of cool names.

All that is left are uncool names.

1 Like

Incoming I’l’l’i’d’a’n

1 Like

They could restrict to just one apostrophe

2 Likes

No, that is the “accent aigu”/whatever in French/etc.

So if you were talking to Triníty on discord/whatever, you’d vocally say:

“yes TrinAty” (like the “a” sound, in neighbor, or way.)

That would probably irritate TrinĂ­ty, but would be the correct way to pronounce that as written.

1 Like

Do Americans really?

1 Like

No.

It was a clever joke.

Laugh.

Interesting! But it was a joke, to be clear. Taking digs at people who have special characters in their names is a hobby of mine. I know that it is an accent.

Idk if they’ll ever do surnames, but apostrophes would open up a world of naming possibilities.

I see; Also, I was wrong and thinking of that accent over an “a.”

Over the “i” it would be “Like “ee” in “meet”…” So “TrinEEty.” :wink:

Best solution would be to allow 1 apostrophe and 1 space for character names. Ideally restricted to not be consecutive.

It allows those who want to use an apostrophe to do it – there are plenty of names in lore that make use of them (like half of the Warcraft ‘Guess Who’ thing consists of names with apostrophes), so why not us?

It allows those who want to use a Surname to do so – and eliminates most of the hassle of trying to find the name you want that isn’t taken for those who do.

And it doesn’t FORCE a surname on anyone; that wouldn’t make sense to do, as not all playable races USE surnames.

Time for you to meet my Texan High Elf.
Y’all’d’ve.

Whomst’d’ve?

:mega: :mega: :mega: :mega: :mega:
Super Loud Warning. I’m Serious.

Elf Names in 2025.