Apostrophes, dashes, and spaces in names

With Zandalari being made available and the heavy use of apostrophes in their names as well as other races, is it possible we could finally have the apostrophe made available as a character we can use in character names?

Seems special characters are allowed, I’d quite like being able to use a single apostrophe in one of the names I want to use for a Zandalari Troll.

*Dashes and spaces have been asked for below and also should be an option

12 Likes

names should all be allowed one apostrophe or dash (choice between the two) honestly

7 Likes

Agreed. I think that was what they allowed on SWTOR and it makes for some good names.

I’m really wanting one for my troll paladin name as it just looks better with it.

3 Likes

In ESO I have an Argonian named Watches-You-Sleep its creepiness knows no bounds.

4 Likes

Or a space!

4 Likes

They should implement a name system similar to TRP where you can also have a surname too

6 Likes

See, when it comes to that, I’d rather not. That’s why I like spaces. Not all races have last names, so I feel like a space would suit this or just for a two word name.

Mine’s slave name was Wets-his-Pants

wait, what race doesn’t have last names?

Most of your own species does not have a last name. Same with trolls!

they have first and last names in Final Fantasy XIV as well and I’ve had trouble picking a last name but I wish they allowed them here and apostrophes or space or hyphen

The one you’re playing is one example. lol Trolls don’t either. Nor do Lightforged.

pshhh, people just misunderstand our naming conventions.

Velen is actually prophet velens last name, his first name is prophet.

because of this people keep assuming he’s a prophet or something.

but yeah, never really noticed draenei didn’t have surnames, trolls don’t either now that I think about it.

Seems like this was talked about ages ago, people were asking for it back in Vanilla.

I remember posting something when I was playing SWTOR that had a three part name setup where you were able to control which blanks were visible.
A first name, nick name, and last name.

Then you could have like a Sith Warrior named something like
Anakin “Vader” Skywalker, so as you leveled up you could display as Anakin Skywalker, then once you got your Sith lord title, you could change it to display as Vader.

Then troopers could use their nickname or full name however…things like that.

Like others have said;

Just give us a stinkin space!!!

3 Likes

As long as it comes with one free name change per toon.

2 Likes

I’d love this.

1 Like

I have a Mag’har orc named Sachar. In my head it’s Sa’char. I’d love to put that apostrophe in her name or in future character’s names.

1 Like

Yes, it’d be nice to finally be able to use apostrophes as well as spaces on our names.

1 Like

Ji-Su is how my name is supposed to look.

I would LOVE a hyphen. :sob:

1 Like