AoE farm spots for prot?

Came back after a long break, the last few expansions I’ve always managed to find a good aoe farm location as prot to make decent gold.

Last expansion it was freehold, anyone know of any good locations in shadowlands? Dungeon or open world.

I realize there are better ways to make gold but I find this relaxing while watching a movie.

1 Like

I havent thought about this in a long time nor do i know if this is true at all, but the area around the entrance of Necrotic Wake is densely packed with mobs, i do not know if they hyper spawn after high casualties but its the most packed area i can think of rn.

1 Like

I LOVE Aoe mob grinding on Prot Pally, ever since I got a taste for it way back in the BC/Cata days but Aoe farming really isnt too lucrative anymore.

The best places Ive found is Revendreth, a few areas near the top of the map have tightly packed humanoids that drop decent gold and cloth. However, if you are a Tailor(for whatever reason) cloth had a chance go drop a lot more.

There’s a few spots in Maldraxus as well, outside the entrance to Theater but also up on the noetheast side, again a lot of undead/humanoid casters that drop cloth and gold.

If your a skinner(which I sometimes taxe out mining for just for this) there’s a ton of places in all four zones with relatively good density of creatures to skin. Ardenweald is chock full of critters to beat the skins off’n of. Maldraxus is good for skin farm too.

There’s also a few dungeons that I like to hit on normal for skinning, Mists is a good one for that. You should be able to blast any nirmal dungeon in ZM gear at this point, Im not sure though.

I wish AoE farming was more rewarding but if they made it so, you would just see x4 x4 farm groups pulling all day for goldsellers so I guess we cant have anything nice these days lol.

Still, I like a few hours of mindless mob bashing and smashing here and there.

do the callings, maw convenant battles and dailies. If everything is fresh that’s 10K gold, rep grinding past exalted earns a chest with ~3.5k gold. gold is pretty easy to come by in SL.

So just following up, I started clearing up to the first boss of halls of atonement normal. I do it in 3 pulls, takes about 5-6 minutes each time. Each run gets me about 1200-2000g depending on the AH and my luck. Im using tailoring, enchanting, and the follower who gives you a chance to get bags full of cloth/enchanting goodies.