AOE changes suck

If you disagree you don’t do content it affects and only farm Tmog and old content

12 Likes

Looks like you will need to be more mindful of your pulls.

As for old content farming, I’m sure they can think of something that will help with that.

2 Likes

aww u cant 1 button everything down anymore

u have to actually have skill

so sad

4 Likes

what if you disagree AND do content it affects?

cause lol rogues/dhs/fire mages can get bent with their passive aoe.

4 Likes

Dude, I primarily farm xmog and legacy content. 90% of my gameplay is spent in legacy content and I’m DREADING aoe caps because I won’t be able to pull an entire dungeon and press a button and aoe them all down anymore. I’ll have to sit there in a corner whirlwinding 5 mobs at a time until all 35216 mobs are dead Q_Q

:cry::crying_cat_face::sob:

2 Likes

1 button? Literally 1 button?

There’s no skill increase going from pulling 15 mobs and aoeing them down and pulling 5 mobs and aoeing them down :rofl:

In fact, I’d say it’s easier because that’s less nameplates you have to look at to see when one dps single targets the heck out of a mob and pulls threat then you have to either A) Tab through till you get it or B) Try and click it in the swarm of nameplates :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

the only skill in large pulls stems from the tank and healer being able to survive/keep everyone up during it all

dps just go BRRRRRRRRR

3 Likes

There’s FAR less skill in smaller pulls. No having to figure out as a group how you’re going to interrupt key abilities to enable big pulls. Just pull 5 mobs and proceed to mongo your way through.

2 Likes

You’re not going to get into the alpha simply for agreeing with everything they do, just an FYI

5 Likes

aww its ok

its my opinion that aoe 1 button everything down is terrible gameplay

1 Like

Agree.

The only way the skill cap goes up with less mobs is if those mobs have an incredibly threatening toolkit OR they hit as hard as if you did pull 15 mobs but for dps there’s still no skill change.

1 Like

Nah, my main is a Fury warrior and I already have the AOE Cap, it doesn’t change things that much, I’m on the top of the AOE pools more often than not.

I think his point was no spec presses literally 1 button for their aoe rotation.

1 Like

It’s not simply capped at 5 mobs and then your abilities do nothing to the rest. It works like TD where it hits the cap number for full dmg, and diminishes as it hits the excess mobs. And its more aimed at melee classes, with ranged/casters still doing sustained AOE damage.

Its also alpha, and a work in progress. The world isn’t on fire over this 1-day old change.

I disagree because the aoe cap doesn’t effect my plague’s ability to spread. I disagree not because I farm tmog, but because it doesn’t effect me :stuck_out_tongue:

This being said, I am still losing out on the 30% chance to flare up damage that they are cutting out, and dislike that, so it kind of does effect me, just not in the same way, since you know, epidemic and virulent plague currently are sticking with the former base target cap.

Did they release updated notes? These are what I’m going off.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311911/shadowlands-class-changes-target-capping-aoe-abilities

This I’ll agree with but as of current information it is capped between 5-8 targets.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/aoe-changes-in-shadowlands/490978

Is this the same as Wowhead? this is the official “blue post” on the Alpha forum.

1 Like

I read it, I’ll wait on spell changes.

The only way a target cap is going to work is if AoE prefers to hit lower health targets.