Anyone use Starlink and play WoW?

Currently looking at moving to somewhere with no high speed internet access except for satellite (very much not doing that, I have read too many horror stories). I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with using Starlink to play WoW?

I read a few theads that were a year old and they reported lots of disconnects which is expected since it’s still just in beta, but I was hoping to hear how it’s doing more recently since they’ve nearly doubled the number of starlink satellites since then.

The speed and ping reported in the old threads looked great for WoW, it’s mainly just the random disconnects I’m concerned with. Any input would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Here is a review from less than a month ago - doesn’t sound very reliable yet.

While dropouts are still too frequent, speeds have steadily picked up.

I believe Tmobile has a internet box that runs off cell signal or at least they did. It’s better than nothing but the latency sometimes is choppy if the area is congested.

1 Like

I used a local satellite internet here, Was 3mb/sec and ran WoW fine.

I highly recommend contacting your local Verizon wireless or T mobile there internet plug and go works better then most satellite providers. I lived in rural area of KY for couple years and T mobile USB internet plug and go work great! There monthly fee was reasonable but at time I was at young age so I had put deposit down off $200.00 cause my credit was meh.

1 Like