Anyone soloed Nighthold?

Join a group if there are more pallies then if it drops and they don’t need it you just got an extra roll. I need 1 thing from Ant and I hand out all the other xmogs drops I get.

You can “queue” for LFR versions of the raid by speaking to Archmage Timear in Dalaran (Legion). He used to give the weekly quests. If you just go to the raid portal, you’ll enter as Normal. No group required.

Ok, thanks

I would also add to Sorelai’s answer that in LFR you want to choose the Nightspire sub-raid - one other nice thing about LFR is you can jump to the wing you want - but you will still have to kill Tichondrius first to unlock the door to Krosus, something I spent a while not realising (since Krosus is listed first and you start near him, not near Tich). I’m not sure if they meant it to work that way, but knowing in advance might save some confusing time. Tich is easy even on Normal, just a burn.

Normal/Heroic default to 10 man.

EN on N and H can be solo’d with gear. On a Paladin you can solo Ursoc no problem since you can bubble your stacks (the only gatekeep for normal and heroic). EN on Mythic takes 3 people solely for Nythendra who will just Mind Control you if you try to solo. I just put my name in the group finder on Tuesday and got a group of like 12 in like 4 minutes for M EN. A lot of Leather wearers want their shoulders.

I sometimes do normal and heroic guldan on some of my toons for the mount chance. Its perfectly doable. I’m not sure about mythic you might need a few, especially towards the end.

I managed until the Duskwatch lady when I was ilvl 330. She did too much dmg for me att though.

Nighthold? First 3, no problem. From then on it was No go, Jojo. That said, it’s easy just to form a group of say, 3 people max and run the whole thing.

I was trying out Havoc earlier (I do not usr other players for guinea pigs when learning things) and manage up to Tril on Normal.

Watched a video this weekend. Krossus is the hardest one to do. I failed to the Botanist, but that video pointed out that pet classes have additional issues to deal with. Better to go Marks and solo him

Didn’t a prot pally solo it while it was current content?

I’ve seen normal Nighthold done easily enough and I’ve heard stories of a few using the skip on Mythic and soloing the last two bosses – although I haven’t seen it personally.

I was able to solo the raid as an 383 hunter to get balance of power done. Most bosses did not require a lot of thought, but I had to change my pet a few times to kill certain bosses.

Against the botanist one I had to use a cunning pet to remove roots + drums; the one at the bridge required a spirit beast because of his stacking debuff (needed extra healing); others were just drums (pet skill) and faceroll.

My wife and I can clear normal Nighthold together with Dazar’Alor heroic raid gear. We couldn’t do it with Uldir heroic raid gear.

LFR through Heroic difficulty of Nighthold can be easily soloed by a reasonably geared Ret Paladin (~360 ilevel). If you want the special appearance from Mythic I would recommend either waiting until closer to the end of this expansion, or getting a few friends to come along.

Even for Mythic, though, you shouldn’t need more than maybe 5 people to be able to handle everything.

You can solo everything you need to. I went back to clean up unfinished business in Legion in December and January. All you have to do is finish the class hall storyline to get the legs, and beat 8 dungeon final bosses on any difficulty to get the chest.

I don’t think Nighthold is necessary. I have no memory or record of having done it.

To complete the full Balance of Power questline you need to kill Trilliax, Ellisandre and Gul’dan (plus ~20 arbitrary NH bosses) on Normal or higher. I haven’t been able to do Elli or Gul’dan yet, but I’m getting close, so maybe with 8.2 gear.

I feel it isn’t terribly useful to observe that someone in full current raid gear can solo an old raid. They probably already did it when it was live and don’t need to now except for kicks anyway. There are a lot of people out there who don’t raid at all but are looking forward to when they can solo it themselves in non-raid gear, and I don’t think that is quite yet for Nighthold.

OK, I get it now. I thought he was talking about the order hall set.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Last week, I joined a group doing Mythic Nighthold. I found about 4 groups doing that raid using the tool. It was a piece of cake with a party of 20 or so. And I got 3 pieces of the Highlord set. Then I joined a group for Mythic Emerald Nightmare and got another piece of the Highlord look alike set. Going to do it again tonight.

1 Like