Anyone remember getting Rick Rolled?

In the beginning of wow anyone remember getting Rick Rolled? I had that dam song in my head today.

3 Likes

Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down.

These days though its mostly gnome rolling. Us goblins gotta come up with a meme roll of our own.

I rolled with Rick just the other night; I never gave up, and he didn’t let me down.

/tentacleflip

Rick rolling has been superseded by this:

Edit: damnit! Was hoping for a more subtle link. Well, just enjoy the song then.

2 Likes
1 Like

I prefer this Rick :wink:

wubba lubba dub dub!

2 Likes

The best one was the thread where the OP was stating several concerns within the game/company, starting a new line for each one. If you scrolled down the list and just read the first letter of each first word, it spelled out the lyrics to Mr Astley’s hit tune.

I always preferred the Robo-Roll:

Holy cow! The new WoW forums are a lot like other gaming forums. You can even post gifs or memes on the post page instead of sending links!

Abomination! Burn it at the stake!

Maybe this will sate your bloodlust:

3 Likes

Actually, I quite liked that one. My fav band of all time (Beatles), plus two artists I usually quite enjoy (Joan Jett and Rage Against the Machine). I even recognised the Cypress Hill bit (Insane in the Brain). And the mash up was pretty professional.

There’s a Constable Astley NPC in Boralus. Sadly he doesn’t rick roll you if you keep clicking on him. Seems like a missed opportunity Blizz. :smiley:

Cool! What do you think of this?

Not quite as good a mashup as the other one. But I like three of the songs in the mashup: We Will Rock You, Killing in the Name (man I played the heck out of that back in the day) and Breathe. Don’t know Skrillex and didn’t recognise the song.

Well, here’s four more, just in case you’re interested.