Anyone miss ranged survival?

There isn’t much difference between focus or mana except one can be regen by food and drink and potions. But be it a blue bar or orange bar they could change it to a purple bar and call it mojo juice but as long as it was a balancing fuel for abilities it does its job no point its fuji apple and gala apple its comparing apples to apples. Hunters can learn any skill that aids them in the hunt be it magic or trapmaking or ranged or melee martial arts they have access and there be a resource and dosnt matter what they use as long as it plays well.

Ranged survival has never been great, it was good for short period of time but was always outclassed by BM. For raids you would take 1 RSV for the debuff and make everyone else switch to BM so you could down bosses.
The people still wanting RSV were the snowflakes that felt loved that 1 raid spot was reserved for them.

You know there were 4 expansion after BC and before Legion? The version of SV you’re describing is the BC version. After that it gained Explosive Shot and Lock and Load which was the foundation of the ranged Survival people loved and want to see return. That version was very successful.

You’ve actually been told this before which means you chose to just ignore it and continue this fallacious argument:

9 Likes

i say we start a petition to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. people want tinkers and we want melee survival out of the hunter class. see where this is going lol. melee combat has no place in a class that is hunter related. lets move to kick this spec out of our class.

6 Likes

Idc if its bad or not, it’s all I played for 10 years before I quit playing hunter in legion.

8 Likes

I never thought mana fit with hunters as a resource. They use Arcane Shot and that’s as close to magic they get. Hunters are more about being in tune with the natural world. Focus sounds more natural for a hunter.

Hunters in lore still have Mana. But that’s not a significant attribute of being a Hunter, it’s because you’re a living thing and living things generally have Mana.

Yet, with mana we always wanted to be full. Switching to Aspect of the Viper when we needed a quick regen of mana back in Wrath. With focus you want to almost always be empty because in a fight every point of focus you still have is a damage loss. fFcus is what makes us hunters, it makes us mastery of the beasts.

1 Like

You’ve already been corrected on this before, in your own topic nonetheless. At this point, this is nothing but a troll post.

8 Likes

let me know how many bm hunters you see in wrath classic

7 Likes

These people twist reality enough that they think SV was melee in Classic despite Classic being playable since 2019 and people in it playing SV as ranged. At some point there’s no hope for them.

7 Likes

I mean I guess. Mana is just another name for Ki, Chi, Prana, Chakra, Mojo, and Magic Bar. Call it Action bar for all I care. I think Mana fits everything but Focus can only fit Hunters it’s a very martial sounding.

According to Melanesian and Polynesian mythology, mana is the spiritual life force energy or healing power that permeates the universe.

Mana is a supernatural force or power that may be ascribed to persons, spirits, or inanimate objects. Mana may be either good or evil, beneficial or dangerous.

Chi or Qi is believed to be a vital force forming part of any living entity. Literally meaning “vapor”, “air”, or “breath”, the word qi is often translated as “vital energy”, “vital force”, “material energy”, or simply as “energy”.

Chi is natural energy everyone has, but the ability to tap into it takes years of training and possibly more genetic or spiritual outcomes may effect how much you can use.

Mana tends to be seen as a outside essence people use as fuel for natural magic. Depending on the universe this outside energy may require talent, a genetic factor, or just random luck to use.

Focus would fall closer to Chi as it is related to a mental state of being in complete control of your body and keeping your full attention. It would require training and practice to have that concentration.

It seems as if Bohdai is more focused on the mechanical side of each resource, rather than the theme/fantasy/lore. Unless I’ve misunderstood him/her.

I do, however, agree that Mana does not fit the hunter class in general, as our attacks aren’t designed in a way that either describes or promotes the idea of someone who uses magic to infuse their shots with energy. In fact, in the RPG, it’s even mentioned that hunters tend to acquire their arrows/projectiles, to have them infused with magic by someone who is schooled in a particular type.

Heck, even as current as with the new starting island/zone, we as hunters seek aid from a fellow NPC(DK) to help us infuse the mechanical parts we’ve put together for a frost trap, with frost magic.

You then also have what Kevin Jordan said on one of his streams a while back, about how they did not want hunters to be like a caster/magician. Kevin was one of the original class designers.

I agree 100%. But I still think mana is generic enough as it can be described as inner or outer energy that could fit all things as all things have it and it could be interchangeable with chi. And outer mana is said to come from a world having a soul called anima in mythology. And I believe Azerite and red stuff that was the blood of Ra “Anima” are the same stuff but in different forms may be “watered down or processed/artificial” and less powerful to be used by the titan keepers and their artificial hearts as a source of power. But it might mean our world and the arcane and titans and titan keepers ect and Eternals all run on mana and anima in some way and us mortal can tap into world mana/anima and cosmic mana/anima. So fits more yes but mana not fitting at all i say no.

I don’t want either of those.

The non-canon rpg? I feel like I have seen this topic debate before.

Regardless of what the original class designers may have envisioned, current canon is that Hunter’s do use magic. There are versions of Arcane Shot in the TCG and Hearthstone that both have flavor text to this effect.

Hearthstone
Magi conjured arcane arrows to sell to hunters, until hunters learned just enough magic to do it themselves. The resulting loss of jobs sent Stormwind into a minor recession.
https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Shot

Heroes of Azeroth TCG
A hunter’s deadly accuracy doesn’t just seem like magic, sometimes, it is.
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Shot_(Heroes_of_Azeroth)

Rakham is also correct. The tabletop RPG for World of Warcraft is not canon.

Cant go a day without talkin about yourself at least once huh?

Nobody played sv in classic. People played MM to give warriors TSA.

Says the guy who has been literally sobbing non stop for nearly 7 years over a playstyle that nobody cared about.

4 Likes

You arent wrong, but the point of the post was trolling for these comments. This forum has replaced Barrens chat.

You cannot convince me that OP was just trying to find out who, nor how many RSV fans were out there. The intention of the post was the RSV/MSV debate.

3 Likes

Of course I miss RSV. It was the spec that I enjoyed the most. I thought it was more enjoyable then MM or BM. It was my main spec in Wrath and later expansions and until it was removed. I have done MSV a couple times and it is fun too.

I would rather they re-introduce RSV as talent choices in MSV, or perhaps just change the MSV abilities to do ranged attacks when using a ranged weapon.

I doubt they will do anything like this. But it would allow us to have RSV back and still not remove MSV which some players enjoy.

2 Likes

That would be far better then removing MsV. SV was during period when hunter classes had similar toolkit, almost identical. Of course there was spec distinction but still close.

1 Like