Just remember, if you think hunters are bad

The ranged Survival spec would be the worst of the bunch just like it always was. At least current survival brings the BIG AOE!

1 Like

With almost absolute certainty I can tell you if RSV came back tomorrow, there would be at least 10 times the number of hunters playing over MSV. Even if it was worse.

16 Likes

@OP

Nice troll-post

2 Likes

6 Likes

I changed my stats abit to pump put single target dps and I must saying its impressive.

You’re saying this is bait, but it’s true. Back in the ranged days you would tell your worst hunter to be survival and bring 1 of them to raid for debuff so the good hunters could pump dps.
At least melee breaths some life into the spec. No one has ever said it’s not fun or engaging , people have just had a problem with the specs bad damage tuning and clunky rotation.

Were you under the impression that BC Survival was the last iteration of the spec?

Ranged SV in its prime (Cata/MoP) was a juggernaut. High sustained ST, phenomenal uncapped AoE via Serpent Spread, and was routinely the most popular Hunter spec.

Sounds like you’re in denial because you’re jealous.

9 Likes

Maybeso… But the thing is, that worst Hunter probably wasn’t Survival on a day in day out basis, more likely MM. (it used to be so easy to attain Huntard status as a MM.) It was a win-win. The chance of raid-wide pulling misadventures was reduced, you’d get the debuff, (what debuff?) and probably more dps, cause a bad MM hunter dies quicker than most anything.

He’s talking about Expose Weakness, a BC talent, because he doesn’t know anything about any ranged Survival iteration beyond what’s currently available in TBC Classic.

2 Likes

RSV was amazing, msv is garbage

2 Likes

Thanks. With that name though, I hope he’s a she.

Haven’t play Cata or Mop but back in WoLK I still remember is SV all the way and stack crt till you get 50% or more armor pen then change to MM.

is it really bait?

Yes, SV was the best Hunter spec from 3.0.8 (BM nerfed) until 3.3 when MM got enough gear. SV was still perfectly capable in ICC, though; MM was just numerically better.

I would say no actually.

OP just seems to have no idea about what RSV actually was. He/she seems to think that when people talk about RSV, they’re talking about what we had/have in TBC/C.

Like I said above, when people refer to what was RSV, they aren’t talking about Survival as the talent category it was in TBC or before that. RSV refers to the version of the category with the added abilities it got, going into WotLK, and especially when it became a Core Specialization in Cataclysm, and beyond.

Survival before that time, was just a talent category that improved our survivability through added utility and defensives, with some few bonuses to damage as well.

1 Like