Anyone miss large scale world pvp?

My experience playing rated pvp in 2024:

Sitting in a major city or on a mountain waiting for a one hour shuffle queue or in lfg LF 3s.

I miss Wintergrasp and TB. I know we can still queue for epic bgs but there was something special about the open world. I am not a fan of the small scale fights of DF.

Anyone else feel this way?

10 Likes

It’s definitely something I miss but I can’t really explain.

Yes, very much so. Today’s world pvp is terrible.

3 Likes

It depends how it’ll be implemented. I miss zones like Wintergrasp, Tol Barad, and Ashran as well, but when they implemented the Battle for Nazjatar, it was the worst. It became a big lagfest and it quickly turned into how many raid groups were RUIN going to shard in to crash the zone.

I don’t miss that. I actually prefer the small scale beef in Dragonflight. I’ve definitely made a lot more enemies and a lot more friends this expansion than any other because the small scale fights are more personal. You recognize players in WPvP who you’ve had small fights with.

Yes, but I also miss some of the things from my pvp server days where their was some respect. Not saying all pvp servers had it but Coilfang back in wrath was tight knit and kinda had a honor code. I know some had kill on sight back the but we just had to few of the oh can I fight them moments…

Hello Kitty Island Adventure. It’s what Retail wanted for years and it’s what they got.

You don’t have to miss it on Classic, even right now. We might as well start using this forum category for Classic venues of WPvP.

Yeah I’ve been wanting a true retail pvp server.

They ruined pvp when they introduced warmode/sharding. Completely ruined pvp. If youre on a pvp server then there shouldnt be an option to toggle off warmode which killed pvp. Now, with sharding its just ridiculous. With sharding the numbers are completely off balance. What normally would be a normal amount of horde vs alliance now tilts to one side because of sharding

1 Like

100% agree. Why can’t we have a pvp server? War mode isn’t working out.

I miss the all out brawls between Tarren Mill and Southshore. They would go on for hours. Horde would push alliance back to Southshore until the guards get in and start smoking people. Then the alliance would push the horde back to Tarren Mill. Back and forth. It was lots of fun. You’d fight for a while, then logout and go run some errands. Come back, the fight is still raging.

Same with AV. Games used to last over a day. Those were the good old days. Now WPVP is a joke. You go to a WPVP area to find a group just killing the single players. If you join a group, you’re just sitting around hoping someone shows up to kill.

1 Like

No… That’s all I’m going to say… PVP gear will be priority again

the reason why pvp server is off is cause blizz changed it. you want pvp then put warmode on. this is cause too many people. i am not taking my risk. i rather keep it low working on doing quest. not all were perfect.

I grew up on Emerald Dream back when it was a good server. If that server could ever be restored to MoP glory days I would go back in a New York Minute.

I wanted to see a complete reshuffle. Although a little extreme asking your account in-game per character if it wanted to PvP or PvE as a server habitat to then allow migration elsewhere would’ve been cool. Probably more practical for a game with less servers however.

Back then server heritage was still a little resonant so likely wouldn’t have caught on. Meaningless now. We should be immediately shoved into our own tightly packed PvP shards if warmode is on with a disclaimer to do so. They should make sure it’s packed. That’s the want of someone flagging for it out there.

Sadly large scale world pvp died when war mode was created.