Anyone know of any LGBT friendly communities?

Every time some woman mentions her husband, or man mentions his wife, or some joker uses a derogatory slur, they are bringing it up. Just because some queer people are too terrified to mention their husbands, boyfriends, wives, girlfriends, or other-gendered partners—terrified because people have been murdered just on suspicion of being queer, in parts of this country you would never think that happens—doesn’t mean there’s no drama.

This is a real, serious issue for some people.

7 Likes

But you do all the time in casual conversation without realizing it. I dont talk about my sexuality, I talk about my plans and future with people though, and a large part of that includes my significant other. Not saying it would ever come up, but with how social vanilla is you are bound to make bonds with other players and inevitably you could start having casual conversations about your lives. It’s not all raid strat all the time.

2 Likes

Then change post to say “Anyone know of a guild that is LGBT friendly on (xxx servers)”

1 Like

That’s the spirit

1 Like

I’m going to take your advice, It’s frustrating having to defend myself so often. Thank you to everyone who was helpful!

3 Likes

I have been playing this game since 2005. Never once had a player talk to me about their gender or gender Identity. Its not needed in a role play fantasy world. You might be looking for more than that I guess I don’t know. I don’t know if you are looking for romance or a date or what. I just think its inappropriate to discuss such things on a public forum. since 2005 non of my guilds have ever had to deal with it or mention it. Sorry I just am not into it, dont want to be into it, don’t want to deal with it. Not my thing. For any gender.

Well thanks Somalion :slightly_smiling_face:

I have grown to love it really. One city I lived in people loved it and thought it was cool. Another city I moved to later on, people truly treated me horribly the second I opened my mouth.

But as I said, these days I embrace it and could care less what others think. I no longer try to hide it or make myself sound different. I love all accents though. I love hearing people’s different accents from the different parts of the country and world.

1 Like

I’m from Canada so it’s rare I hear it but when I do it’s always sounds so sincere and real which is great.

I don’t have gender identity issues though? I’m not to sure where you got that from.

I guess I was not clear. I was talking in general to make a blank statement. there are people like that. I do wish you the best, but like I said, its just not my gig. I do not talk about that kind of stuff with anyone or any gender. Its not why I game, nor do I want it in my social structure. carry on, and good luck.

I didn’t label the server anything and I didn’t call anyone a bigot. Herod is the server the chans have generally chosen to roll on. Chans are generally not friendly towards LGBT/PC sensitivity. These are statements of fact.

It’s Herod. There’s a new post up explaining it.

1 Like

Good luck with that. Report back here after some time and let us know how your drama free experience is on every server that you’ve played on.

Ignore trolls and people chiming in with sh*ttalk.

I can vouch that Atiesh is where Proudmoorians are going. You can join the FB group by searching Atiesh US.

4 Likes

Hi there, The internet is quite a lovely place but also can be a frustrating one. The internet has desensitized people , and because of that people project their self anger on others as there is no immediate consequence for their action.

It doesn’t matter if you’re gay / bi or straight , you will at some point be a target of others self frustration. There is no way to skip or avoid the situation and you need to go into classic understanding just that. I am bi , I’ve been called names and physically harmed in real life for it and have learned its something that’s just going to happen. Instead of sturing the pot just look for a sever to enjoy. Troll or not this is 100% troll in my eyes… server selection has nothing to do with your sexual orientation , this subject was posted to stir a reaction. To even think you’re not going to encounter any sort of problem proves this is clearly troll. Blizzard allows you to report players and to ignore them… why is it so hard to use the functions blizzard has provided?

Of course it was. And the mods, having actually rolled up and removed posts from it, as well aware of it. Despite the multiple troll threads on the subject over the past week. It is pot stirring, plain and simple, at the expense of actual LGBT players.

Pretty much most people don’t care, they just want to play the game and long as people don’t push their beliefs on them they will not push theirs on you. If they do just ignore them and move on.

I personally don’t care what sex, race, gender you identify as, long as you don’t shout it out to the world constantly as no one would like to hear me say straight pride, gay pride, black pride and so on.

It’s just like how some don’t like to hear profanity, sex talk, or politics, just leave it outside of the game or don’t group with people you dislike what they talk about.

2 Likes

I really don’t understand the issue with just asking the community if there is a like minded community so I don’t have to wade through a cesspool?

The question is what you and your friend want to do in the game?

RP
PVP
PVE
RP-PVP

If your friend has a lisp it sounds more like a disability then a gender preference thing, why bring up you friends gender identity at all? All he needs to do is mention he has a speech impediment, I don’t think anyone would care.

1 Like

Atiesh has a funny sound to it.