Anyone has ever considered the size of the covenants?

This just came to my mind when I’ve replied to another thread…but has anyone ever thought about the sheer size of each of the covenants? Let’s just look at the kyrians for a moment: Each and every single soul which is currently going down the Maw in Oribos was carried over by a kyrian…each and every one of them. Now I don’t think the bearers are working 24/7 and probably have some downtime in order to recharge their anima or simply rest from their duties. So we are talking about what…millions? Billions? Trillions of kyrians carrying over souls into the Shadowlands from across the entire universe.

Yeah they gotta be numerically greater then what we see, the scale of each covenant zone is probably greater but in game scale is different.

2 Likes

WoW’s world is always scaled down in game. In lore everything is a lot bigger and more populated than what we see here.

But I think the covenant numbers is kind of one of those details it’s best to not think too much about.

1 Like

I’ve considered it. That said, they also have a lot of magic. And time is weird in relation to the Shadowlands. So they aren’t really constrained in the same way as we are. They’re not to scale, almost certainly. But I doubt it is as big of a difference as one might assume.

More than what blizzard portrays, but probably less than what players think.

1 Like

“If every Covenant is infinite, and the Jailers army is infinite, should four Infinities out number one infinity?”

1 Like

Eh I think the jailers army is infinite now cause of that constant stream of all souls he gets, (I get it is a joke) but hey let’s have a big 4 on one clash.

The whole infinite realms, infinite covenants appears to collapse upon itself when examined. It feels like some interview, non-canon answer. Just take a moment to think. If there are millions, billions, quadrillion souls headed to the Shadowlands, what possible purpose does the “Fourth War” body count mean. Nothing really. Yeah sure, the Night Elf death count means something to us, the players, but if we are to consider the universe perspective, means nothing. Way to invalid your build up expansion.

1 Like