Anyone gonna try a mastery build?

With the new gust of mist change wonder if its enough to actually try a mastery build.

Resplendent Mist was undertuned, the buff just makes it more reasonable.

Mastery still can’t compete with other stats and the biggest sources of healing for MW don’t benefit from Mastery.

Mastery might need a replacement or tweaking to be done.

If it was made far more potent, Chi-Ji could make use of a portion of it to not getting OP. Casts would benefit from it much more, while Chi-Ji performs similar.

I play with 78% mastery. I swap a few talents around for raid tonight and it was really fun. Spreading EnM was really fast.

Problem is that Chi’Ji cant be balanced this way.
The moment there is cleave, a Fistweaver would TFT EF into Chi’Ji and do actually broken healing if it was increased. Gusts of Mists rn for me do insane healing with Crit Vers, and Mastery as a dump stat.
But if you reduce the effectiveness, then Chi’Ji on a single target would be bad.

No real way to make a middle ground here. A rework would be best.

It actually could. If they did for example a x2 multiplyer on the overall mastery - and Chi-Ji would utilize 50% of that, then it would do exactly the same healing as before.

You know what? You’re right. I can’t believe I overlooked that.

1 Like

Despite the objections of people regarding their use i much preferred the original Mistweaver Mastery back in MoP where you spawned orbs over the current mastery. I’ll agree that the orb healing NEEDS to addressed in terms of when they pop they should ALWAYS heals an injured person but that aside at least it worked with fistweaving.

Under the current mastery when i fistweave i feel like my mastery is just useless.

1 Like

Mastery actually already works exactly the way you are thinking if you gear for it!

chi’ji’s gusts already scale directly with mastery, and work in cleave, and can be a really substantial amount of healing if optimized for. They are based directly on the mastery gust value; they are identical base heal values, but the ones you produce directly with applying ReM and Viv get some extra scaling the chi’ji ones do not (like versatility). in a cleave situation you can do exactly what you theorize, trigger a huge number of mastery procs on everyone very quickly and effectively fullheal people with a single blackout kick. It’s a different playstyle than the blanket healing of using invoke to blanket out envm and envb and extension of free rem, but it can be a lot.

Chi’Ji gusts are affected by resplendent mist as well.

If you go to the training dummies right now, with chi-ji, and set up everything; essence font on your targets (the doubling affects chi’ji gusts!), standing on line for cleave, 4 charges of TotM, and then just go chi’ji → bok you will emit up to 60 mastery procs instantly, if every one goes on an essence fonted target.

Observe: this is just a part of the instant burst due to it not being able to fit in my combat log even when I stretched the window. And this is with clicking off ancient teachings so it would be easier to see all the gusts; these were also 10 procs instead of 12 because two of them picked a person nearby who had just run up and didn’t have essence font on them. You can see that resplendent mist works on them as well. You can emit this pulse every 3 GCDs during chi’ji if you wanted; tp tp bok, tp tp bok.

copy paste and remove the space before .com to see the screenshot links.

www.dropbox .com/scl/fi/3u9z45shiqse3nug4r0z3/Screenshot-2024-03-20-175528.png?rlkey=ogxx1e2j47rjhlfbbv88aswrv&dl=0

the second link is what 3 tp tp bok sets on a short chi’ji gets you on an essence fonted crowd. This is 12 seconds.

www.dropbox .com/scl/fi/nb76p3au3ql7pyht3xn7n/Screenshot-2024-03-20-181222.png?rlkey=nfjf3alaul40v37zw8j7seyyw&dl=0

Even cooler but harder to show in a screenshot; with Jade Bond all of those procs give the .3sec cd reduction on chi’ji. You can easily slice a full minute or more off the cooldown if you play Jade Bond and chi’ji. This is how much healing I can produce in a 25 second full size chi’ji… and because of the mastery triggers from chi’ji kicks, I’ve sliced nearly 90 seconds off the three minute cooldown.

www.dropbox .com/scl/fi/eojc20a2r9kq1toevd2vu/Screenshot-2024-03-20-182700.png?rlkey=9ct3o4c2bq3fr58mv2p97yth4&dl=0

This is a bit of a demonstration build that had both Resplendent Mist and Upwelling to ensure essence font coverage, but still. 35 million in 25 seconds isn’t too shabby for a ~90 second cooldown burst, since you still have all your fistweaving and other abilities outside of the bursts.

So, yea. Mastery can be powerful and fistweave+mastery is actually a massive cd burst healer. Don’t count it out. This was with 208% mastery at ilvl 484.

1 Like

I have played around and created a few mastery builds for testing. It’s absurd how much healing you can do. 3+ enemies are required for that though to work very well.

With only one target barely any CD reduction will happen, healing is as well good but not insane.
And because you need rather much mastery, your other healing will be weaker as other secondary stats will be traded.

Mastery is definitely fun to do but has it’s drawbacks. A two edged sword (it’s sharp).

Pretty much. This seems geared towards Mythic+ rather than Raiding and especially not in Arena/RBGs.

Theres too much tradeoff for the burst you gain every minute (I would run Gift of the Celestials for this for consistency and flexibility. At that level of Mastery 40% more on Gusts is overkill).

I can see it generally performing though.

Mastery is really good for regular mistweaver (as in not fistweaver) PvP if anyone cares

this is unironically how chiji functioned since bonedust brew was added until it was removed (spanning basically 2 xpacs)… so evidently it can be balanced that way :dracthyr_crylaugh:

i’m going to be playing s4 as a mastery mw due to the addition of peer; so i guess we’ll see what happens. both my friends are ksm, should be fun!