Anyone ever get caught in DDOS attacks?

Doesnt matter if you mask them. I worked in cyber security and am a computer programmer. Your VPNs and all other forms of blocking your IP. They all have to do it legally. So if there is a legal request to obtain an IP address, than it can be done. Your VPN stores your IP addresses that you use. Only secure server is a private server that you yourself make on your own personal self created site that you created to use for it and then you use your own personal email that you created that is not from any other email list that you can get. You make your own email, make your own network, make your own website, your own self made network, set up the ports you want to block and not to block. Yea. And anyone who is capable od doing all that isn’t going to be launching a very sup-par DOS attack vs a single target and only one part of it as well.

It was not a distributed attack. So it was not a DDoS attack. It was a DoS attack according to all the evidence gathered.

Doesnt matter how good you are. Plus the fact that each PC has its own unique code that is custom to it and it alone. Blizzard does not have to lift a single finger and doesnt have to spend a cent to find out who did this. Any white hat hacker can get past the VPNs with ease. Just one single call, and the VPN providers will give you all the info you need. They can tell if a DoS or DDoS came from there. They can tell when it came, where it came from and where it went to.

You really cannot hide on the internet. Thinking that you can is the first step at being fully naive. Just causing a stack overflow to the ports so the server lags is one way of doing the DDoS and DoS attacks. You do it, it can be traced. And it is almost always a felony.

3 Likes

Just cuz you dont know how to do that doesnt mean that no one else is able to do so. 100% willing to bet that Blizzard will know EXACTLY who did it and there will be proof that it was a single person and that person will be caught and punished. IP tracing is super easy. So stop with your stupid trolling spam memes here.

And posting Simon the non American who ran a show about how Americans need more talent is just out right laughable.

2 Likes

go forth and make your billions.

ok i just know about stuff i hear.

So you got mad and came up with that insult. Typical of you. I am saying that IP tracing is very easy. If Blizzard wants to, they will find out who did this. But Blizzard does not own the ISO for the IP that was DoSed. But they can find out who did it.

It is very possible to track an IP address of a single DoSer and this does seem to have been a single person attack. It is possible that this single person will be caught and punished.
You’re just commenting on here saying silly things now so I know where you stand on this issue. You cant be taken seriously, so bye.

1 Like

I actually did not know that - when I imagine someone DDOSing there’s one guy and a basement with a lot of computers. Lol

their punishment shouldn’t be jail time but rather a lifetime ban from using any and all internet AND their pc / electronics are donated to poor gamers.
:dracthyr_nod:

Jail and prison are just where you go to learn how to do what you did even better, because they usually group people of similar offense together. Just fine him super heavily.

redistribute their loots !
#gamercharity

Remember you can always get caught online. Even Snowden got caught. But all he did was use his GS clearance to log in and leak files, he didn’t actually hack anything. People like Jester on the other hand do not get caught because he does nothing super illegal. He does bad things to bad people. And is mostly grey.

And no very common fallacy that the hackers out there use top of the line PCs. You can hack with a phone. This attack was so minute that it was less than the server lag I used to get when trying to log into WoW Classic just a few months ago.

1 Like

they go to jail for a DDOS attack.

You know some rando can do it right?

Action never really happens very often. Takes a miracle to have action happen.

1. If it were that simple they’d do it. Ddos attacks use compromised machines from many sources (the first D means distributed).

2. You can’t shame people publicly without really solid evidence, or you can wind up in legal hot water.

3. These people don’t care about public shaming.

1 Like

No but I stood under a funnel cloud once

1 Like

Yea I know that and I already said that. It seems as though this was one single person and no, you do not always have to use those compromised computers, also known as a botnet. It is very easy for one single person to do them. They can also be done with a group of friends. It’s not always done by a group of untraceable master hackers who are super skilled.

And yes, many of these hacking groups go out of their way to recruit minors to do their job for them. They give them a script to download, they get it, they use it, they target the IP address given to them. Simple as that. This person didnt even seem to target specific ports and the attack was over super fast.

And yea they do care about public shaming. Only a coward calls themselves an internet vigilante and then hides behind a mask with an alias and a fake IP along with a group of friends. If the indeed didn’t care about being publicly exposed, then they wouldn’t do everything in their power to keep every aspect of their identity hidden.

VPNs store all your activities and are required by law to hand it all over if a cyber crime is suspected. You cannot use a VPN to do illegal activities from them and then not be held accountable when the time comes. They do not want to be held accountable for hiding a criminal.

I believe you. The trolls around here want your resume uploaded if anyone says they know tech.

in fact i’m pretty sure that the only way that information can be accessed, is through law enforcement taking the appropriate avenues.

that was a bit of a flip-flop. :smile:
correct.
it will be handed to law enforcement, not the alleged victim/s.

World of Warcraft has generated Activision/Blizzard billions of dollars in revenue since its release.

They know who is doing it.

No it wasn’t. I said they do not own the ISO. And they do not. They own their ISP alongside other companies such as Activision who also own parts of it, but they do not own the ISO that they use their ISPs in. Those are owned by the service organization that distributed the IPs to them, not by Blizzard.

And do to the fact that they do not own it. they actually do not have to lift a finger to pursue any legal action. There are much bigger companies than Blizzard who get affected by this, they can look into it. VPNs are a false sense of security. Any white hat can simply make a phone call or an email and the VPN service will have to turn over all activity to the authorities by law. That’s just how it works. You really cant hide for long behind a VPN when you break the law. VPNs are required by law to store all your IP and login/access patterns. They dont hide you from big corporations or the government as they are advertised to do. All they are capable of doing is hiding your IP from private hackers on the civilian side of things. Anyone with any level of GS or CS clearance is getting past ANY VPN with a simple phone call. Black hat hackers dont last for long. They either end up locked up, or they are recruited to work for the very people they once fought against. They always get caught eventually.