[Main Thread] No npc dialogue - April 2023

I’m missing NPC and cutscene voices. Happened right after the patch. All other sound is fine, just the NPC dialog. It’s very strange

4 Likes

Im also having this issue since 10.0.7

1 Like

Same issue here, since 10.0.7. Except it’ll randomly cut out and come back again? For instance, Defier Draghar in Ruby Life Pools did his /y, but there was no audio. Immediately after, Melidrussa said her voice lines, and the audio was fine for the rest of the dungeon. In Uldaman, the Lost Dwarves had no audio with their lines during their fight, nor did Bromach, but by the time we got to Sentinel Talondras, everything was working fine again. Really strange. I didn’t reload or anything to trigger it, as that hasn’t been working. It just cuts out and comes back at random intervals.

[e]: Also forgot to mention, I actually had no idea the Forbidden Reach scenes with Ebyssian were voice acted, because none of them had any dialogue for me despite my dialogue sound being enabled. Really disappointing, that one.

1 Like

I am having this issue as well. I uninstalled all my addons and reinstalled and it seemed like it was working again, but eventually I lost it again… It returns everytime I quit and re-enter, but it eventually it goes…

Anybody find a fix to this? My friends are not having this issue.

same here. I need to exit the game and log again.

This is hapening for me too since tuesday. If i go into a dungeon like Halls of Valor, at the end on the RP of ing Skovald and Odin, they dont speak.
At the first boss and last boss of CoS, same, when he gonna take the potion and when u enter the last boss rp they Dont speak.

Blizzard wtf is going on!

5 Likes

anyone has any solution? I’m going insane with this issue

2 Likes

does anyone have a solution for this?

Try
No npc dialogue

Still broken after the maintenance. Tried the details fix, unfortunately the only way to fix this audio issue is to restart the game completely. What seems to happen/cause it is just entering any dungeon and then exiting it. All the dialogue turns itself off and there’s no way to fix it past restarting the game. But every other sound file seems to be working just fine except for clicking on npcs and their voicelines. Anyone have a fix on the US forums yet?

Edit 2: Doesn’t seem to be affecting older world stuff past m+ dungeons at the moment, will continue to update as i find out more about this.

1 Like

Same issue, also tried the details fix and no go.

having this issue as well, thought it had to do with dbm or some other addon

I had same issue, had to assign my audio output in settings and all went back to normal

A guild mate and I are also experiencing this. I feel like this is quality of life and needs to be fixed quicker. I odn’t know about all of you but I actually use vocal ques to help plan for heals and movement.

5 Likes

I found a temporary fix, deleting the Cache folder fixes this but it comes back at some point as I had to delete it again for Baine’s cutscenes.

After a ton of troubleshooting addons 1 by 1, I finally found the culprit. For me, World Quest Tracker had suppress talking heads enabled. Disabling those options fixed the dialog sounds for me. You’ll need to disable the talking head options and reset all instances before testing again.

8 Likes

Getting this issue too. The Details fix didn’t work for me, not did the World Quest Tracker fix.

Still no NPC dialogue.

1 Like

Didn’t fix my sound issue but it did fix my map position which was locked for some reason due to ‘centralize map’ option in WQT.

Ditto on this. I also main a healer and I learn and memorize a lot of fights by their voice lines; currently progressing on M Rasz and I feel so out of sorts without them. Really hoping this gets fixed before 10.1, since any other suggestion seems to just be a band-aid at best.

2 Likes

Have Blizz acknowledged this is an issue yet. I’m finding more and more people pop up with this issue on reddit and elsewhere.