Anyone else turn into travel form instead of Boomkin?

I’ve noticed that my Zandalari boomkin switches from flight to ground travel form more often than actually turning into a boomkin, then when I cast she goes plain troll. Not only am I missing out on the bonus damage that comes with the boomkin form, but then I’m scrambling to get into proper form and it’s costing me valuable cast time and every single time I’ve died while leveling, except for when I bit off more that I could chew, it’s been due to this. Is this a bug? Does my computer hate me? Did I screw it up when I put the Stars glyph on her then took it right off because I didn’t like it?

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure what you’re saying. I can say that I’ve never once clicked a form and had it not enter what I chose. Are you saying that upon landing, you turn into the ground travel form and then pressing a cast animation doesn’t auto put you in boomkin? If that’s the case, that’s intended. You always have to manually press moonkin form. I won’t elaborate further and I’m not sure I’m even discussing the right thing.

No, you’ve got the basic idea, I’ll be in flight form, land fully, click on the boomkin tab and turn into a raptor. Most times, I insta cast after clicking the boomkin tab because of ingrained habit, and that’s what turns me into troll form. I know the second part is intended. But not turning into a Boomkin when I click on the Boomkin tab is my issue. It’s becoming more of a thing as I get higher leveled and encounter more of the opposite faction doing the same questlines as they zoom in and tag the mobs before I can get into a proper form, then I hit them with a star/sun fire and they aggro on me. It took me a good 45 minutes to complete the bonegrinder carver/runeaxe/ancestors/3 king quests for the Ron Perlman tree and Havi. It must just be my luck. Lol. My luck is so epically bad that you look up unlucky in a dictionary and there I am.

1 Like

Make macros and keybinds for all the forms you use it makes life so much easier when you get used to it. Clicking the form is just too unreliable at times especially when you need to instantly change.

Happens to me too. Takes a second balance click to switch.

I think I see what’s going-on when this is happening, although you’re trying to shift into your balance form, your travel form is automatically shifting to the land variant before your cast actually goes off, which is how travel form works.

I.E If you were to go from land to water in travel form you would automatically shift into your aquatic form and I think it uses a global in the process, so it could really just be odd-timing on your end. Maybe just try shifting into boomkin just before you land?

I’ve noticed that it happens to me when I get into combat while in flight form. Basically anything I do in that case shifts to ground from instead of doing the thing I was trying to do. I first noticed it when mining on my druid — if I try to hit a node from flight from while in combat, and it shifts to ground form instead of starting to mine. Using any spells from flight form has the same effect in combat.

2 Likes

Make sure “Auto Dismount in Flight” is checked in Controls settings or you cannot go from flight into Moonkin Form.

1 Like

It would be nice if this had been addressed, but it is still happening… turning on auto dismount does not fix the situation. So as mentioned above, when in druid flight form and then engaging in combat, no matter what you do, you will be put into land travel form. This ONLY HAPPENS in BFA and Legion zones. This does not happen in any other expac zone. I suspect this is either a glitch or put in to take the advantage away from druids… in either case, as far as i’ve seen, this hasn’t been addressed and so we don’t know if it is deliberate… so it continues to piss us all off… a gm reply would be nice!

1 Like

I’ve had it happen in other zones. I’ve been doing stuff in Outland this week and running into it. (I’ve had it happen elsewhere as well, on druids have haven’t even been to Legion or BfA zones.) Is it possible that in the lower areas you aren’t getting thrown into combat as often in flight form due to aggro radius?

Usually what I do is cast my travel form again to pop out of my flight form (it doesn’t use the GCD) and then cast my moonkin form. The game restricts you from being able to go into moonkin while flying (though you’re able to go cat/bear while flying, which is odd) so if you exit travel form as a whole right before you touch down and then cast moonkin, you should be fine.

I just checked and was able to go from flight directly to moonkin outside of combat. (I do have “auto dismount in flight” checked.) The only one I run into out of combat is flight form > prowl. (And a cancelform macro solves that one.)

Ah, for some reason auto dismount was unchecked on my other druid alt I’m crafting on right now. Now moonkin shapeshift is working mid flight :stuck_out_tongue: Still, though, the only thing I can think of as far as a solution to what others are experiencing is either using a cancelform macro followed by whatever form you’re trying to get into (be it bear, cat, or moon) or simply swap to moonkin before engaging in combat. It’s not that big of a deal I wouldn’t think.

Just putting it out there, the ONLY reason to use an actual mount that i can think of , is that you can be in moonkin form and cast spells automatically from mount without spending a global to change to moonkin.

Even worse is when I’m tanking as Bear and I pop out to cast a heal to save myself or someone else, and I need to shift back to Bear immediately before I take an auto attack.

Then I shift to Raptor form and get bodied and the key gets burned.

The people in my group then think I’m garbage.

I think though this macro fix is a good work around for now.