Anyone else still in awe at how ugly Dracthyr are?

Let me dream Grynwaldd!!

Maybe it would work IF we had the ability to transform into a full Dragon.

imo the dracthyr to orc transform would just be so weird.

The first way to address this would be to add more body and head sizes to the Dracthyr.

That way the orc visage would be more believable.

1 Like

You know that’s the best option. Even the bulkiest body still looks smaller than the male form.

Though, I’m on team- “it should always have just been dragons.”

Dracthyr are a kinda lame copout.

That or they add Dakonid (aka Drakonaar, which sounds cooler imo) as an allied race.

and give that race all the other classes to play with.

Evoker and Dracthyr were designed around eachother.

I wouldn’t mind a Drakanoid race for the other specs. That could be a lot of fun and there would be winged and unwinged reptile type races for the scalies too.

Win win for all sides.

2 Likes

Let’s see some support over here!

1 Like

But imagine a Warlock Dracthyr, they could Drain Soul using the same animation they use for Disintegrate. IE, Drain Soul through their mouth.

Just because the race plays well with the class, does not mean that it has to be the only option. Matter of fact, it should NOT be the only option.

1 Like

Any Dracthyr that aren’t Evokers are just failed Evokers.

I can say they were the first new addition to the game that didn’t grab my interest at all, and their appearance didn’t help. IDK what the data will say but prior to augment being busted OP my personal experience was that I was seeing far fewer of them that I would normally expect from the a new class. But that could just be confirmation bias, of course.

geiko gecko…

Evokers are the exceptions, not the rule. Most Dracthyr can only use the magic of one flight, which is why they were divided into specialized weyrns like they were.

After finally buying DF and taking a look at them; they’re not nearly as much of a mismatch for WoW as I first thought when they were announced. It’s pretty highly dependent on the body type and features you choose.

Still not really my cup o tea, but I don’t mind them. Though I’m still very frustrated that they tied another new class to a specific race. Stop doing that crap, plz. I haven’t really played a new class since Monk because of that.

Even they are “aspirational” Evokers. Dracthyr have access to Aspectral powers, as well as their draconic physiology. Doesn’t make much sense to bash things with a hammer and refuse to fly when even the least among them have access to the powers of at least one dragonflight.

I think it’s funny that they have this crazy indepth character creation process, yet they all look more or less the same.

Transmog is the real character customization engine of this game, and they’re softlocked out of it.

1 Like

They’re not my thing but I sure see a lot of them out and about while questing.

To be fair to the Dracthyr, they do have A LOT of customization options

Yeah why take time and the advantage of art and resource of feedback from players on how to shape a new class that was still in alpha/bata completion at the time.

Do you think a worker at mcdnalds gets upset when a person orders a bic mac with out cheese, no they don’t because it is part of the job. That is ridiculous this argument is.

Yup. First time in the entire history of the game I didn’t play a new class.

• They look like Jar Jar Binks with wings
  • They don’t have access to mogging
  • Their body types are: Male, male, male, maaaaaaybe female?
  • Their visage forms are male blood elf and female human, neither being something I’m interested in playing
  • Their racial should have been full version dragonriding (At least they’re fixing this one)

If they were gonna give us lizards I’d have preferred Saurok. If they had to give us skinny lizards I’d have preferred Sethrak.

• Their body types are: Male, male, male, maaaaaaybe female?

This was intentional

You have to understand just how insanely woke game dev shops are now, and the kind of goobers that are responsible for art direction etc. now

My biggest gripe with them visually is probably how limited the visage forms are.

The game: “Choose whatever form you wish, the best you…but you can only choose between being a human or an elf-shaped human.”

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like