Anyone else on a MAC having issues logging in after the new patch update?

Since the patch update on Tuesday, I keep having issues daily just getting the game to log in. I play on a MAC. Anyone else have this issue? If so, can you recommend a fix?

4 Likes

There are three other threads about this that are already open.

To sum them all up: some people are having success making certain deletions from the game files.

Here is one of them: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/blzbntagt0000138f-everytime-for-wow/45053/27. Other people reported less complicated deletions working for them.

There seem to be one or two other solutions that are working for some people. Many people report nothing working, not user solutions here, and not Blizzard tech help suggestions.

Anyway, good luck.

1 Like

I had the same issue and I just fixed it and am now in game. On my mac studio I went to:
System settings>Privacy and Security>App Management. Clicked on the (+) and added battle.net and worldofwarcraft.app. I also added Battle.net-Setup but it’s probably not necessary.

Hope it helps!

8 Likes

I didn’t add the setup and it didn’t work for me. Will try that too. Tried scanning files and repairing and that’s not working either.

1 Like

Part 1
I had already deleted WOW app. So I downloaded the installer again and it stalled. I Force Quit the installed app.
I added Battle.net-Setup to the App Management list and restarted the Installer. Now it works.
However, the Battle.net app stalled. Force quit again and added Battle.net to the App Management list. Now the game download is stalled.
FFS, Blizz have really screwed this up.

Part 2
I force quote the stalled Battle.net app and restarted the mac.
I deleted the folder HD > Users > Shared > Battle.net > Agent
Started the Battle.net app and initiated the install download again.
It started and is 36% complete. Cross your fingers.

Part 3
This has worked, and the game is playable again.
I’ll now start restoring all my addons and settings.
Not a happy camper.

Summary

1. Make sure that the WOW apps are listed in the Settings > Privacy & Security > App Management screen.
  2. Delete the folder HD > Users > Shared > Battle.net > Agent
  3. Start the Battle.net app. A fresh Agent folder should be created. The patch download should start.

Good luck.

1 Like

Worked for me as well.

1 Like

I just wanted to say this solution worked for me as well. Password is no longer required each time. The client needed me to find WoW again, but otherwise this is the solution to use.