Anyone else having issues with Fists of fury?

Found myself in many situations after the patch where fists of fury was not connecting with targets directly in front of me.

From bosses like Teera and Maruuk where I was standing well within their hit boxes to the adds before balakhar khan also standing in a space where I would normally be hitting both.

Looking at numbers between Teera and Maruuk, verses The raging tempest. FoF made 25 hits on Teera/Maruuk and 41 on tempest. Which seems extra odd given that we have 2 targets for one of those.

Also experienced this in a Algeth’ar, where I first noticed it.

3 Likes

Leveling a worgen monk, and I’ve had this happen several times.

It seems terribly inconsistent, best example I have was from the aforementioned Nokhud.

But plenty of times it was working fine.

I think the camera bug with FoF is back.

Could you elaborate on that, please? Relatively new to monk, been the main since Dragonflight and that’s about it.

Anything I could do to alleviate the issues?

It’ll probably be fixed again soon but sometimes depending on your camera angle FoF won’t do damage. The only way to fix that is to change how your camera is until it starts to do damage.

Yeah, it keeps throwing kegs at people instead of punching.

I’ve found it can be a bit sensitive to ground bumps/elevation changes.

I haven’t done SBG since patch, but the worm boss has had FoF bugged for the entire expansion. After the worm submerges, FoF and SCK cannot hit the boss unless you are right under the boss.

1 Like

If you haven’t done so already, please use the in-game bug reporter.
I’m actually curious if it would be better to take hardened soles over flashing fists at this point.

1 Like

Hey just to add a bit of clarification to other responses:

It seems to be caused by aiming downwards when using FoF. It used to be only the horizontal direction of your character that determined where your damage would be directed - you would aim your damage along the horizontal plane. Now it seems that the vertical direction of your camera can also influence the vertical direction of the damage. So if your camera is aimed downward, the damage is being directed into the floor.

1 Like