Anyone else having issues getting into game

When I go to battle.net app on my desktop it does an auto patch and then the blue play button turns into “update”. If you click that blue button that says update it does the patch again and its an endless loop.

2 Likes

I would try following the steps on the battle.net article for uninstalling the Blizzard app. Deleting the tools folder is important.

1 Like

OK I will try that thanks.

Another thing to try is rebooting. It sounds silly, but there have been some issues with parts of the game staying open and can play tricks with updates.

Rebooting tends to work :wink:

4 Likes

Ok I will try that next. Uninstalling app and re-installing didn’t work.

1 Like

Having this same issue. Says there is an update for Shadowlands, but fails and can’t get into BFA.

1 Like

Sounds like you be getting hit by the issue of Voice Proxy running in background after the game was shut down which kills patching and updates sometimes.

On Windows, hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up the Task Manager, and then sort the processes alphabetically to find that voice proxy. Right click on it and choose End Task. This should fix the issue

5 Likes

The voice proxy/end task absolutely worked for me. I was having the same issue. Thanks so much Konia!

1 Like

I can’t believe this issue is coming up again with voice proxy. Sucks that we can’t have a button to disable it for ever and ever lol.

We are requesting information for the BLZBNTAGT00000840 error. Please check out this post here.

We do want to get rid of this error for good, and this information will help our team with data to find out why this happens for every update. Thank you for your reports and any of the requested details sent to us :slight_smile: