BLZBNTAGT00000840 - Information Gathering Request

Hey all,

Over the last few months we’ve seen many cases of this error being caused by “wowvoiceproxy.exe” still running in the background while the game is closed. Since the file is in use, the patch service cannot update the game which results in the error code BLZBNTAGT00000840.

We would like to see about getting this fixed, but we’re having a hard time reproducing it. Every time we test this in house, we don’t have the problem. If you receive this error, and fix it by closing wowvoiceproxy in Task Manager, please submit log files so we may take another look at it.

Instructions for submitting logs:

1. Collect the file
  2. Send the email to: techinfo@blizzard.com
  3. Set the subject to “ATTN Kaldraydis”
  4. Include information on what happened right before the error occurred. Did you exit wow? Did WoW crash? What did you do next? The more information you can give us for this, the more likely we can find the cause.
  5. Link this forums thread in the description and attach the ZIP file we created in step one to the email then hit send

Thank you.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Main Thread - Blizzard Agent went to sleep

A post was merged into an existing topic: Main Thread - Blizzard Agent went to sleep

I am getting the same error message but with code ending with 0005. Have no clue how to fix this

1 Like

Any luck on how to fix this, I’ve tried logging out and logging back in and still get the same message.

Ctrl+Alt+Delete > Task Manager > End Task
Worked for me.

2 Likes

Why is this still happening? I notice the last reply to this thread is 6 days ago. This problem just happened to me today. It sounds like something needs to be fixed in the voice proxy, and whoever this problem hits seems to be random.

Btw, as Aztec said, ending the task in task manager fixed it. However, this should not be necessary, as the WoW voice proxy should close itself when the game is closed.

I keep having the same issue. The only thing that seems to work for me is uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I’m not seeing the WoW voice proxy right now and I’m still getting the same error message. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

i just rename the "wowvoiceproxy.exe to wowvoiceproxy.exe.bak and use Wow.exe to bypass the Launcher. Blizzard needs to make wowvoiceproxy.exe close when the game is exited or have a on / off switch in game settings on the Launcher

1 Like

I started having this issue as well. When I close the wow voice proxy process, it succeeds. Very strange.