Anyone else hate alexstraza?

I just can’t stand her, and the dragon models. The writting also was terrible and predictable when the gave her and all of the dragon aspects their powers back In the cinematic that was the last straw for me. My thoughts being “Oh great where repeating the cycle all over again.”

In all honesty, I would’ve sided with the primalists. Because this whole "save the world again from “x” enemy then another “x” enemy again Is getting repetitive and boring. Let us be the villans for once.

10 Likes

To our enemies, we are.

15 Likes

I don’t think predictable is the right word when that was the entire plot line.

But according to the Primalists, which you’d side with, you already are.

3 Likes

I like alex as a character just fine. Her writing this expac was a little flat though.

9 Likes

Agreed. If the story doesn’t matter anyway as from shadowlands then at least get rid of the guard rails. Let us be villains and get the avengers infinity war ending.

That’s too unique and cool though for blizzard and blizzard fans. We NEED cookie cutter ideas that we’ve all seen for the past 10 years straight.

1 Like

I love my queen and I will fight for her until the end.
Glory to the queen of dragons.

5 Likes

Yes, I also cannot stand her. I was hoping against all hope, that Villain would actually do something substantial and actually chop off her head while he had a chance, but WoW is saturday morning cartoon so he had to do the monologue and Alex was saved by power of friendship.

It shouldn’t be that I root for villain to see anything happen in entire expansion.

3 Likes

Do lizards have a queen? :thinking:

Aspects in this game are useless. We got them their powers back, but in 4 months when we go down into the lava tubes or whatever for another 18mos, the Aspects will be all “Sorry champions, we cannot help you down there.”

3 Likes

To the primalists, we absolutely were the villains.

And what, do you want to go murder some kids during children’s week? What kind of bad stuff do you want to do that would make sense in game?

10 Likes

Ehhh, I can’t say I hate her, but I don’t like her either. What I do know is that I’m disappointed by the lack of DK dialogue, especially since I slaughtered the red flight during the dk quest in legion.

I know given the chance, a good chunk of my character would have jumped for the chance to eradicate all dragons, including the Aspects.

2 Likes

“The writing is terrible” — you know Warcraft is and always has been a game story made for young teens and adults alike right? Even as young as 7 or 8 years old.

And no, no one except you dislikes Alexstrasza. You’re overthinking the story.

3 Likes

I don’t like Alexstrasza but I don’t think she has enough characterization for me to hate her.

Judging by in-game interactions alone, she’s just “reserved, majestic dragon noble.” And has no observable personality traits beyond being a bit boring.

I am sure other media has better portrayals of Alexstrasza, but I don’t think she really resonated with me in Dragonflight despite ostensibly being a main character of this expansion.

1 Like

I don’t hate Alexstraza but I’m not a fan of how they make her voice actor talk. It’s so weird.

4 Likes

Despite her insolence, a half-dragon can join any dragonflight she wants, so yes, today I have a queen.

2 Likes

I ain’t too big a fan of her but I do feel sympathy for her considering her imprisonment.

But she was way too chill with ordering us to kill loads of dragon children. That always bugged me. And I really enjoyed Wrathion being sassy with her in Dragonflight. More folks need to talk back to her and challenge her. Like Razsageth flat out saying “oh spare me your pity party”

She is a quite flawed character with moments of being interesting. But sometimes the writers just forget to dive into that.

7 Likes

Well, with the introduction of DF her humanoid model defiantly lost some cool points.

1 Like

Me too.
I love everything about dragons and thrilled we have an entire expansion around them. :dragon_face:

I am disappointed in the appearance of the Dracthyr race though. Was hoping for something more like the aspects and having more choices for their visage form.

3 Likes

hopefully one day we will, after all we have their powers (even if very weakened hehe)

1 Like

The dragons seem to be way to ancient to not know all the lessons they’ve learned this expansion lol but I still like them.

1. Fight without honor
  2. Refuse to pay my taxes
  3. Leave the toilet seat up
  4. Tell the orphans that Great Father Winter isn’t real
  5. Make them watch as I kill Great Father Winter
  6. Make blood pudding with Great Father Winter’s blood and feed it to the orphans
  7. Install high shelves in the home of every gnome, goblin, and dwarf and put all of their belongings up there
  8. Cut halfway through the legs of the step stools in aforementioned homes

That’s just the tip of Momo’s Menace Iceberg.

2 Likes