Anyone else had creation catalyst restored?

Precisely.

Well well well, this is an interesting OP indeed. Is Ragemode unaware enough to fall for the Creation Catalyst non-tier slots? Does seem likely. Or is he just lying and trolling like always, trying to get attention off a topic he knows will get replies? Has to be this one I’d say.

3 Likes

I’d say it’s both, so completely unaware that he crafted a belt in the CC while also “trying” to troll.

1 Like

I mean it literally shows you what the item will turn into… are people that brain dead they need a giant flashing light and someone to spoon feed them?

yes
they are
if the multiple threads of people saying their belts and shoes didnt become tier are any indication
i really dont know how the education system genuinely failed people this badly but here we are

1 Like

Yeah, I mean thats actually really depressing if there are people who dont understand you cant make boots or belts tier because they… dont have tier in those slots.

Probably the same people that think LFR is real raiding.

2 Likes

What’s that , in plain sight ?

Again, not everyone reads wowhead nor follows the forums closely.

A few posts up there is a screenshot of how it works when you use set-bonus piece for a non-set-bonus piece, so there is at least some amount of feedback in the ui. This is a good thing… so if you are going to make an argument - keep it to stuff in game like this. Even historical arguments dont work since sets haven’t been a thing for 3 years, not everyone raids and had access to them prior to that, and if you go back far enough (TBC) there were even non-traditional bonus granting items (bracers, belt, boots).

I just think it was a mistake to allow your “set-bonus” catch up system to create non-set-bonus granting items. I mean, you had to know people would mess this up, so why introduce it like this in the first place? There are far less complaints about the speed to acquire mogs.

This was inevitably going to happen.

If a player is curious about how a system works but doesn’t want to learn in real-time (with the real possibility of making mistakes, as we’re seeing with the many forum topics on not understanding how it works and feeling burned from it), then a player should do some research on it before using it. I understand players don’t but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t. But I agree, it was inevitably going to happen because to your original point: “not everyone reads wowhead nor follows the forums closely”.

1 Like

Whoa whoa whoa get outta here with this whole incontrovertible evidence business.

2 Likes

Instructions unclear, put my tail in catalyst and it is now a stinger.

1 Like

I really shouldn’t be surprised people screw this up, it’s not like they give you a preview image of what the item will be converted into so you can confirm. Oh wait…

2 Likes

Coming next week:

A captcha game of nine pictures and you pick of 5 of the 9 which ones are tier sets before you can progress to crafting your own tier set

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: :blue_square: :white_square_button: :black_large_square: :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: :blue_square: :white_square_button: :black_large_square:

1 Like

Does the game even tell you that much about what CC does? I know there’s the quest sending you to the CC, but I didn’t read the text (I didn’t see the quest till after I’d made my item)

I’m not sure if I would have even known that it makes tier if I never looked outside the game.

Is the text in the game set up for your prefered language if so you should be able to read the warning about are you are sure that last 6 seconds before accepting after you put the item in the catalyst.

Also mousing over will tell you if the item goes towards the bonus or not.

1 Like

Except in game you can also mouse over and clearly see the item you will be getting so really theres still no excuse…

If lots of people are making this mistake, then it’s a problem.

Saying they should have read a blue post outside of game to clarify what they should do in game is not helpful. Most players do not check the internet for rare dev team feedback.

Telling them they are stupid for making the same mistake that apparently quite a few people are making is not constructive.

What would be constructive is fixing the problem, and offering a refund for those that made said mistake.

This is a video game. It’s supposed to be a fun and positive experience that you purchase to play in your free time.

Or am I just crazy?

1 Like

Your right, we need even more hand holding in game to protect ourselves from our own stupidity. I mean all you have to do is look to the right in the interface and see the preview of the item you are getting after the conversion. What else do we need?

It literally shows you the item being created and forces you to wait to finalize it. If they can’t be bothered to mouse over that’s a personal problem. There’s no need to spam click like you only have 10 seconds to complete the process because you can’t hold your wad.

And yet, quite a few people are having this problem.

And this is what I mean by not constructive.