Anyone else concerned about the state of Cata Classic test servers still having so many bugs?

With so many bugs still existing on PTR and Cata test servers is anyone concerned that the goal is to disenfranchise people with Classic WoW and try to push them to Retail? Just seems either short sighted or a not so brilliant plan to release Cata classic with so many known issues, not to mention the not known issues.

9 Likes

Short answer: nope.

2 Likes

I don’t think that their goal is to sandbag Cata, but I do think that there is a faction within Blizzard that views the Classic project with contempt, because it’s an indication of how badly they screwed up retail. They will always prioritize the new thing they are working on, even if it is total slop, rather than devoting adequate resources to a project which serves as a reminder of everything that is wrong with the current game.

4 Likes

Although you asked a question in the title, and didn’t follow it up in your post, I’ll reply to the title, and ignore the post.

No.

:woman_shrugging:

I don’t think there’s some grand conspiracy, I just think the classic team is too split between Cata and SOD and one is suffering as a result.

We’ve definitely seen a trend in recent years of things launching in a more buggy state in all of WoW’s forms and versions, and I see this as just an extension of that previous trend.

It seems to me that management made a decision years ago that its just better for them to test things more either on the PTR or live vs. the older approach of doing a lot more in-house or very limited invite alpha type testing.

If they no longer wanted to continue Classic with Cata, they’d just drop the project. Blizzard has done that before, so I doubt they’d take a more tin foil hat approach of some master scheme or passive aggressive approach of intentionally sabotaging things.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

I doubt they resent it, if classic was more popular then retail they might, but retail has never been in jeopardy of having less players than classic, even with shadowlands being shadowlands. Retail is in a decent spot right now actually.

Dear God. Stop making these spam threads on new alts.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that is a blizzard thing though, more like the games industry as a whole, they may try to hide it as early access sometimes but other than bg3 most games are having launch issues.

1 Like

PTR is buggy, yet BETA isn’t as buggy, so i guess they are on different builds

This fanfic of a “faction” within Blizzard resenting Classic is among the most cringe conspiracy theories that anyone can post on these forums.

I’ve seen it multiple times and it’s just embarrassing to read.

1 Like

It’s a test server.

Nah the classic team has plenty passion I just think they believe cata will be significantly more hated than it actually will be. Theres a huge hype train for MoP as well so it seems pretty obvious that theyre trying to get us there asap as it is most certainly going to be a huge win for everyone

It’s so cringe and conspiratorial to observe their piss poor maintenance and communication with the Classic project and infer that it’s not a major priority for them.

Remember “You think you do, but you don’t”? I have no doubt there’s people at Blizzard who never wanted Classic to happen and actively compete for resources for their own projects.

But you do you - I’m sure you’ve got a really informed take on why we have a new expansion coming out in 3 weeks and the beta is still hilariously buggy and derelict.

1 Like

Wotlk was incredibly buggy as well. Heirlooms didn’t work for over a month after launch. Warriors shield walling with 2 handers on. The mage arcane stability talent took 8 months to get fixed when it outright didn’t work. I reported that last one day 1 of beta.

The devs are split too thin or blatantly do not have the skill set required to maintain this game. Just look at SOD and you will see how inexperienced they are.

2 Likes

Because the company hasn’t been good for many years. You don’t need to defend them with some bogus “oh they just don’t like classic so they’re purposely slacking off and making it bad to spite the original devs.” Some of those original devs do or did work on Classic. The simplest answer is the most likely one here; they’re not great at their jobs.

The beta just updated and many bugs were also resolved. The internal build is always a few steps ahead anyways. Whatever bugs do make it through isn’t because they’re spiteful of Classic dude.

Yeah, I am most likely giving them more credit than they deserver lol.

1 Like

wotlk at least had pvp templates several months in advance

are they even out yet? last i checked everyone is on some euro private server with 200 ms because blizzard dgaf to let people test arena

1 Like

Ummm, this is the 1st thread I have made in over 10 years. Or are you just trolling?

2 Likes

Yeah keep telling yourself that