Anyone able to play WoW on high/ultra @ 3440x1440? High end build struggles

I’m gonna have to check that tomorrow - it’s late enough that the population is lower now, and I don’t run with a FPS meter on (running two clients at a time, it would just make me the sadge). I just know that I don’t seem to have noticeable stuttering, slowing, jerkiness or lack of responsiveness.

That’s not the point.

Some people, such as myself, want to max out visuals, even with Ray Tracing.

Even if the result is “Negligible” it’s still worth pursuing.

Makes sense, if you pay for max, then you should get max.

Funnily enough, my M1 Macbook Pro runs this game just fine. No at 1440p ultrawide of course, but regular 1440p runs great.

2 Likes

Dont use ray-tracing its performance is ultra crap in wow. I have less specs and run 4k ultra 60fps everywhere np.

Add it to the list:

I don’t have a mac, lol wtf. What resolution are you running at?

Weirdly enough I have an M1 iMac and it also runs WoW really well, too

2 Likes

/console worldPreloadNonCritical 0

Seemed to help some people with stutters in Dragonflight, though others say it’s a default setting now. YMMV.

I don’t run on any ultra wide settings, but I’m mid-high at 1440p. Valdrakken is the hub city of the expansion, so it’ll always crush framerate compared to anything else, even most raids. Raszageth’s sparks sometimes affect me, but it’s like 1 in 20 pulls.

I have literally the same specs and valdrakken is low fps but everything else is perfect

I9 12900k
Rtx 3070ti
32 gb ddr5 ram
4k display
Gaming laptop runs about 90 fps in valdrakken. Up to 200 fps pretty much every where else.

But one thing for sure, it’s way way more beautiful than your standard 1920x1080 when you set it up correctly. And you dont use a cheap monitor for it.

100%.
I have a 21x9 1440p for my primary, and with PowerToy’s Fancy Zones… I don’t ever want to go back to 16x9

I dont think you can max out even if you use the most expensive hardware in the market today.

Run GeForce Experience and Choose WoW, it would suggest you Optimal Settings. It would be on 3440x1440 and fewer View Distance. It would be decent without much issues compared to your dream Max settings.

I am on it right now. I am using a big OLED TV for it at 3440x1440. I can go back anytime to my small LED 1920x1080 monitors but I want it at 3440x1440 right now.

Edit, I am sorry. I am at 3840x2160. It depends on your monitor capabilities.

Is RT enabled on advanced settings? That setting can tank framerates even on the best of best PCs.

Also WoW’s client is crap, it’s old and outdated and it hardly uses more than a couple of cores of high end CPUs.

Enabling the AMD FSR upscaler (works on any graphics card, not just AMD) and lowering the internal resolution will also give you significantly better FPS, especially at 1440p and 4k and you most likely will not see any difference in quality whatsoever because of the algorithm.

I’ll say this - when i upgraded my 2070 super drivers, my fps took a dive. I had to mess with settings for like two days before i got it back to what it was. I have no issues at 3440x1440. I don’t play on ultra…don’t see a point. Even if my machine could I wouldn’t want to stress the components or generate that amount of heat anyway.

i’m not having any issue

i7-8700
rtx 3080
ram 32gb
hanging out at 57to 70 fps
everything set to high
view distance is 7 same with environmental detail and ground clutter
i have vertical sync disabled (i use the g-sync so don’t use in game vertical sync)
I also don’t use anti aliasing ( i never found it to make that much visual improvement for the performance cost)
try changing some settings and see if anything helps improve it

I have no problems on my Mac mini either. Specs:
i3-8100
AMD 560 eGPU
8 GB ram
128 GB internal SSD (OS only)
128 GB external SSD (WoW only)

Plays @ 1440 just fine

In Valdrakken yes it’s rough but even on classic I’m getting like 90fps in dalaran with a very good pc so that’s just how the game is

I got a 2060 super with a core i9 9900k and 64 gb of ram

Sometimes I see toons teleport forward and a jittery fashion as they move. Dungeons, valk and everywhere else