Any way to force-test the Loot Rolls window?

I’ve been having an issue since 10.2.5 launched where the Loot Rolls window fails to show icons and item name text for nearly every item displayed. I did an LFR once a few weeks ago with all my addons disabled and the issue did not manifest, so clearly there is an addon issue.

The big problem is this window is exceptionally difficult to “test” without wasting hours of time doing actual content trying to pinpoint which addon is causing the issue. As far as I know, I haven’t installed a single addon that should be messing with item icons, data, or anything of the sort.

Is there a way to force the window to appear with sample loot or something? It’s been driving me bonkers.

I don’t know if it’s possible to do a test window, but to make debugging easier, have you tried installing the bugsack and buggrabber addons? You can suppress lua errors with it (and the “fatality” announcer) and click into the addon to see any error codes generated. Sometimes it won’t be helpful or won’t even create an error. Sometimes it will have the addon name in the error code, other times it will just be Blizzard UI related.

Also, have you tried disabling a few addons at a time per boss? My first thought would be if you have any low-hanging fruit like UI mods such as elvUI or move anything, loot council addons, or method raid tools (or similar), you can try those first. Or if there are any addons that haven’t been officially updated for 10.2.5.

I and many others in my raid group have had issues with the loot roll window since last season where the loot frequently gets stuck on the first boss fight and you can’t see rolls for the rest of the raid. I am able to solve it temporarily by logging out of the game and deleting my cache folder every time it happens, but it does crop up again down the road, although less frequently than before. Maybe it is also worth a shot to try deleting your cache even though the issues are a bit different.

There are no LUA errors popping up since I don’t have any addons actually modifying the frame. They are just doing something that suppresses the icon from being loaded from the game’s storage and it’s super bizarre. Didn’t start until 10.2.5.

That is really strange. If you figure it out, do report back! I’m curious about it now.

Using Elvui?had this happen to me too,some elvui setting cleared it

Not using ElvUI unfortunately.

Do you have the Paste Addon installed? I had a similar issue happening, and after removing it, everything went back to normal.

I do, actually! I’ll have to test that sometime this weekend. Disappointing if so, but I can selectively re-enable it when needed I suppose. Thanks for the tip!

One of the comments from January 23rd on the addon’s page is also saying “your addon currently causes the “loot rolls” window in raids to bug out.” Probably due to its outdated nature, though its work has been continued on in CopyPasta, which was then also abandoned and was continued on via CopyPasta2.

1 Like

There is also another continuation called Paste NG, i personally haven’t tried any replacements yet.

1 Like

I’ve been using copypasta2 without issue

1 Like