Any way to block Statistics page?

I know this is kind of random, but I was wondering if there was any way to block out the Statistics page found in the Achievements panel?

I’m a bit of a perfectionist and the abandoned quests counter keeps going up (even though I haven’t officially abandoned any quests) and it’s driving me a bit mad.

Thank you!

Paste the following into the website addon.bool.no to create/download an addon that will hide the stats tab when the Achievement frame loads.

hooksecurefunc("AchievementFrame_LoadUI", function() 
	AchievementFrameTab3:HookScript("OnShow", function(self) self:Hide() end) 
end)
3 Likes

Thank you so very much!

Is there a way to specify a specific tab to be hidden within the Statistics page? Ex: hide Deaths? Or is hiding the entire Statistics panel the only way?

I saw the bug report link and thought I’d stick this here (just changes the Abandoned Quests line) for future travelers…

Copy/Paste to addon.bool.no to create/download as an addon and remove the stats. tab removal addon if you have it.

local f = CreateFrame("Frame")
f:RegisterEvent("ADDON_LOADED")
f:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, addon)
	if addon == "Blizzard_AchievementUI" then
		self:UnregisterAllEvents()
		hooksecurefunc(AchievementStatTemplateMixin, "Init", function(self, elementData)
			if not elementData.header then
				local id, name, points, completed, month, day, year, description, flags, icon = GetAchievementInfo(elementData.id)
				if id == 94 then
					local row = AchievementFrameStats.ScrollBox:FindFrame(elementData)
					if row then
						row.Text:SetText("You don't want to know so...")
						row.Value:SetText("It's a secret")
					end
				end
			end
		end)
	end
end)

If you just want the line to be blank you can change the two SetText lines to just

row.Text:SetText("")
row.Value:SetText("")

or anything else you like.

Only tested on Retail.

2 Likes

That seems like a wondertul workaround!

Two things:

1. The site is actually addon.bool.no without the “s”
  2. The text is kind of deliberately provocative. I would instead just set the text to spaces, like
row.Text:SetText(" ")
row.Value:SetText(" ")
1 Like

Sneaky little s… Thanks for the heads up, fixed in the post.

The text was just intended to be a silly example given you can make it anything you want including blank or Quests Abandoned 0 (and I can’t get the real number any better than Blizzard :face_with_spiral_eyes:).

1 Like