Any Tips for a Resto Druid?

Hello I was just curious if maybe i’m doing something wrong. In the past when I’ve played my resto druid I’ve made my affinity balance because it use to put out pretty good damage and you could cast regrowth while in form. It seems like during this whole expansion though I’ve never had a good time being a resto boomkin though so that leads me to believe maybe the scaling is worse than it was in the past? idk, what affinity would you suggest to pair with resto?

They’re going to suggest feral.

Depends if you have globals to spare.

Indeed the suggested one is Feral, since the bleeds can keep doing damage when you switch back to healing, plus the extra movement speed can come in handy.

You’d want to use Guardian if your group requires constant healing, or if certain mechanics require you to play defensively all the time (no globals to spare). Switching to bear and using Frenzy Regeneration can be really useful if you know you’ll be focused at some point (plus uses no mana).

2 Likes

Exactly what the guy above me said.

The dps is better in feral and regrowth isn’t really our first choice for a heal anyway.
The only times I have used moonkin affinity is for the range on raid fights like king rastikan so I could heal the tank who had bwon from outside the circle.

Questionably epic has some awesome stuff on catweaving and things that could help you out.

I also found a weak aura package called “catweaving” which shows your dots on your target as well as you energy even when not in cat form. Makes it easy to dump your energy then shift to heal shift back when your energy is nearly fill and use your energy again.

1 Like

My main problem with balance affinity is that the damage spells you get cost mana. Feral damage does not cost you mana.

In mythic + feral is great, you can pop into cat form and fire off 3 or 4 AoE swipes, perhaps a rake, and go back to healing with no mana loss.

Guardian is good for arena if you think the enemy can sit on you (Rogues, DH, feral). Frenzied regen costs no mana and…

If you use the sinister gladiators emblem wich gives you around 53k more health for 20sec while in bear form, paired with Frenzied regen 24% health it’s a really nice heal up.

If Balance affinity did not cost mana I would prefer it over feral.

Feral if you have significant downtime, Guardian if you don’t.

Guardian pretty much 100% for raids. Pretty common to have to run things out safely or soak things, and if they want healers to flex serious DPS during downtime phases they’ll take rsham.

In mythic plus i swap between feral and guardian depending on the dungeon, level, and the affixes…and mostly if im pugging or running with a tank i know.