Any professions I should be working towards as I level?

Hello,

I am a returning player who hasn’t played since the beginning of Legion expansion. I just hit level 20 in shadowlands and I will say this is so far a great leveling experience for my busy life. But none of the starter quests (so far) have made any mention of getting a profession as I level. Should I pick one up in ogrimmar and start maxing it while I grind to level 60? How important is gold in shadowlands? I was possibly looking at herb/mining if it’s extremely important to have lots of gold in endgame. I’m not picky though. If it helps, I’m playing warrior. I know in Legion professions didn’t really matter based on class like classic does, but not sure about SL. Thanks and let me know!

Professions are now separated by expansion, so you don’t have to level up the older stuff to do the current stuff. (It works a bit like the different ways did for Pandaria cooking.) So, there’s no harm in waiting until you start Shadowlands content to start working on your professions. (Although if you want stuff from older expansions, you will have to level those as well. Engineering is a big one, as some of the useful toys will require near-maxing different expansions.)

Double gathering remains a safe choice while you get your bearings back if you want to make a bit of extra gold along the way. But again, if you don’t want to deal with them at all right now, that’s also a valid choice.