Any nonmage tried to level up by pure mob grind?

the great thing about the age of the internet is, the only thing you need to know is how to google

but you can never know if quest itself worth doing even if reward is good. Unless you have literal guide on quests you should do and which skip

I mean i’ve leveled one character so i kinda know what i can skip (don’t remember rewards tho), but i also took few different zones from first time. And i’m tailor now, so a bit of grind is necessary anyway, there’s simply no cloth on AH

there are tons of guides that tell you that kind of stuff. i’ve seen a couple that lay out every worthwhile and significant weapon upgrade and the associated quest, for example. just takes a small bit of googling to find that kind of info.

also with tailoring, in my experience (currently two toons with tailoring) you’ll usually just get that cloth organically so long as you kill enough mobs, which you will.

Sure but those are free money. My point is avoid the annoying quests that have you run around and gather odd things and do the ones that have you kill stuff you were going to kill anyways. The worgen quests in Duskwood are a great example, you can kill them for XP and drops, you can do the quests related to them, and you can skin them if you are a skinner. You’re tripling up on the rewards.

Find the big gear upgrade quests and do those, if you see a quest to kill easy stuff then do those, if you don’t have something to do then just grind some mobs. Just don’t spend a time delivering one thing to someone a continent away.

Just kill as you move around…really not that complicated

Why people don’t understand you have to do both for bis xp i dunno

no1 cares about what items u got, only your xp per hour

Ones I can recall off the top of my head specifically for a hunter worth doing would be the Gnomer quest that rewards the pants with all the agility that lasts until Devilsaur and the one in Mara that awards the bow that can take you all the way to 60.

I really think most people can get by just fine on random cheap world drop greens or crafted items off the AH until they can get into farming BRD and beyond.

As a few others said a few minutes on WoWhead or any of the class leveling guides lays it out pretty clear which specific quests are really worth doing for a nice power boost.

Not pure pure mob grind, but my warrior got at least 90% of his xp by mob grinding on saved rested xp.

I always stay in a good grinding spot till my bags get full if I’ve completed the quests in the area already.