Any Newspaper comics you like to read?

Are there any comics from sunday newspapers you like to read?

I think of a few, I like Pearls Before Swine, Zits, Overboard, Lulan, Non-Sequitor, Foxtrot, Get Fuzzy, and Blondie just to name a few.

1 Like

I think you stole my list lol. Those are honestly the comics I browse when I read my local newspaper. Then again I am glad to find out I am not the only person who still reads a newspaper. :slight_smile:

I used to enjoy the Sunday paper including the comics but it’s been years since I bothered to buy one. Most of the stuff I liked probably isn’t even in the papers anymore - Doonsbury, Peanuts, Tank McNamara. I used to love one called They’ll Do It Every Time which I’m pretty sure wouldn’t be ok today. It frequently concluded with someone getting The Urge To Kill, hehe.

Doonesbury and Peanuts are still in newspapers. I never heard of Tank McNamara.

I haven’t read newspaper comics since the 90s, so I’m not sure what’s still in there. These are from my days:

Garfield
Calvin and Hobbes
Peanuts
Zits
Doonesbury
Dilbert
Gasoline Alley
Beetle Bailey
Mother Goose and Grimm
Cathy
Dennis the Menace
Blondie
B.C.
The Far Side

2 Likes

Calvin and Hobbes was better than we deserved. :wink:

I also really liked Bloom County and Outland.

It is weird when they disappear at the top of their game. Both of those comic makers did that.

1 Like

I have dinner at my parent’s on Sunday and my mom always puts the comics out, since we both read them. Quite a few I like to read on a regular basis. In no particular order: Prince Valiant, Jump Start, Zits, Doonesbury, FoxTrot, Mutts, Get Fuzzy, The Lockhorns, Baby Blues, Red and Rover, For Better or For Worse.

Curious if anyone remembers how big a deal it was when they killed off the family dog, Farley, in For Better or For Worse. Not something most people were expecting in a comic strip.