Any Monk RP?

Hey Wyrmrest,

Do we have any monk-centric RP groups, Discord servers, or guilds on this server? I’d love to participate.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever seen any unfortunately but it sounds like a great idea. I’ll post in here if I find anything.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is any currently as far as I’m aware but there was some gatherings during Legion at the monk orderhall. Could be a great time to revise the gathering?

1 Like

I think monks have the best order hall of the bunch, to be honest. Their “hall” is an entire empty zone, which is PERFECT for role-play.

I’d love to see something start-up. Perhaps just an RP group and Discord to start? The class is ripe for potential, and any excuse to RP in Pandaria is all right by me!

2 Likes

There was a guy that started a Monk rp guild at some point during BfA but as far as I can tell that died out. I once built a discord server around that same time but I’ve done nothing with it; in part because I don’t want to devote time into looking after it, especially nowadays.

I’d love to be involved in some Monk centric roleplay myself. If there is enough interest I might even be inclined to help set something up; I have a few ideas depending on intent, such as a proper Monk Summit or some manner of adventure. I can otherwise at least give my support.

Frankly I think we could a lot more class centric rp in general. It’s an often seldom explored avenue that has potential to add variety to the things we do here.

3 Likes

You should start a dojo! That would be awesome!

1 Like

I’m down to work some ideas out and get things started.

I think there’s interest in something like this, as well as an over abundance of potential.

1 Like

my monk central RP is taking four image rising sun kicks to the face at 100% damage instead of 45% and casually taste testing the dirt of the arena floor

So the very first thing that comes to mind is do a class summit event. I think it’d be one of the best kinds of events to use the Order Hall for. I imagine such a thing could cover various topics; speculative current events on Azeroth (and what we as Monks could do about them), introductions of things that could become events later and/or advertisements of existing upcoming events, sharing martial and spiritual philosophies or something else.

As a social event it’d be relatively easy to run and wouldn’t rely much on numbers if they turned out to be low. Since the recent changes to leveling there shouldn’t be much of an issue accommodating low levels either; at least none I can think of.

4 Likes

This is a fantastic idea.

I’m thinking night time around Tuesday server time?

2 Likes

I’d probably schedule something like that a few weeks out so people can set time aside for it depending on if you want a bigger turnout.

How about the 27th, around maybe 5 or 6 server?

1 Like

There definitely used to be Monk RP back in Legion. Still not a lot, but it was there.

I’d be down to join some in the Monk Order Hall. 27th works for me at that time.

I’d be interested in something like this too!!

I’m interested to the point I made a Discord server to hopefully organize things and facilitate cooperation even across server lines! If anyone’s interested, here’s the link for it:

discord.gg/yTKjc6uSSm

1 Like

I’mma bump this because I know there’s more monks out there. We also might think to advertise in other places that we’re looking for monks?

I’m contemplating initiating the Monk Summit plan. Do you folks think I should, or should we wait a bit longer?

1 Like

I’d say to try and pick a day where it doesn’t coincide with anything major or reset day since that’s when folks are usually doing their weekly stuff to get out of the way.

Bumping the thread.

Ey, writing a reminder for next Tuesday. I’d like to try gathering at the Temple of Five Dawns at 5 (server time, of course).

As this feels as though it may be short notice I may end up rescheduling, but I suppose we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.