Any help with new strat replacement pets?

As title asks, are there any lists or good information on what to be doing to prepare for the SL pet & talent nerfs?
I have about 281 rematch teams, 337 level 25 pets (some duplicates for dungeons), and I have done all the World Battle Tamers, all the dungeons including Celestial Tournament, and many of the challenging pet aquires through quests & achievemants.
I am sure that is just a drop in the bucket of what you experts have & have done :slight_smile:
I did not recieve Beta access or I would have been trying to accommodate the changes with all of you. As I cannot do that, I respectfully ask this:
Is there any inclusive list of the battle pets and/or talents that are being nerfed going into pre-patch/SL? I am looking to try to create some alternative strats if I can.
I know Blck Claw/Flock, Curse of Doom/Haunt/Unholy Ascent, many unspecified self-healing talents are on the list, but details are not very specific.
I would love to be able to level useful new pets before the nerfs hit. Any lists or concise information would be awesome! Thanks (and yes I do watch, love, & appreciate Xu-Fu’s site & wonderful helpful folks!)

1 Like

Have you checked the test realm? It’s available to everyone right now and I think it has all the changes in it minus all the new pets of course.

I’ve tried some pet battles on Beta, but I am limited because the account copy doesn’t copy my collection size increases, so I am missing some important pets.

Here’s a list of pet ability changes coming in the Pre-Patch:
https://www.warcraftpets.com/news/shadowlands-pre-patch-ability-changes/

Doesn’t include NPC pet abilities or any possible changes to pets’ health, power, speed stats.

We have a list in the Xu-Fu’s Discord for what tamers are impacted, but not necessarily the player pets, outside of the ones that should see stat changes. Almost all the changes are up on the PTR for everyone to access. I’ve noticed the Slimy Darkhunter’s stats haven’t been changed, but mostly everything else is there for anyone to access and test. :slight_smile:

These are what Blizzard has mentioned for the abilities:

• Black Claw and similar abilities that increase damage taken by a flat amount.

• Hunting Party and similar abilities such as Flock.

• The Shattered Defenses debuff effect from abilities such as Hunting Party or Flock.

• Any large percent-damage-taken or percent-damage-dealt buffs or debuffs.

• Twilight Meteorite and similar long-cooldown damage-splitting abilities.

• The Jar of Smelly Liquid ability.

And I know you said you follow Xu-Fu’s, but here’s the compilation article link for anyone who’s interested:

https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?News=248

All the changes should be near the top.

Thank you all for the replies. The link to “wow-petguide” sure has a wealth of information. I will try the PTR as well although I agree that it will be hard to test if only certain pets copy over.
Thanks again & happy hunting & battling to us all in Shadowlands!

Sometimes it takes a few copies to get them all. The beta gets a little more involved, but someone found a pretty solid way to do it (thankfully).

Thank you. And a huge thanks to all that you folks do on Xu-Fu. You are the reason I finally got my Celestial Tournament pets (wanted them for SO long!), and the reason I eventually got into the pet dungeons too. I have gotten to the point where I can pick & adjust a team by pet talents, but I learned it all from you guys. You have given us strats & knowledge, but mostly you give us hope! Some of these battles are really HARD :slight_smile:
Thanks to the Warcraftpets site as well!

4 Likes