Any good wireless mice?

Specifically ones that charge wirelessly by the mouse pad?

Haven’t used a wireless mouse in a decade+ (unless you count the bluetooth trackpad at work), but back when I did I had a very good experience with the Logitech MX1000. That particular model has been discontinued since, but it looks like they have a modern equivalent with the MX Master. They also have a wireless charging pad model with the G Powerplay charging mat that works with the G703 and G903 mice.

I’m a bit curious as to the point of a charging mat though, is it just for the small amount of freedom of movement the lack of a cord gives the mouse? Because from a desk mess/cable management standpoint it’s no better than a bog standard corded mouse.

I just hate having to adjust the cable mid play. I use a wireless mouse right now but the battery runs out mid game all the time and switching it out takes longer than I’d like.

The G703 and 903 are nice aside from a lack of enough side buttons. I wish they’d do something like that with G602, my current mouse.

Ahh gotcha, that makes sense.

Interesting that you have battery issues… the MX1000 usually lasted me at least a couple of weeks on a charge, and that was a 2005 mouse. One would figure that mice would’ve gotten more efficient and/or batteries more energy dense in the 15 years since, but maybe manufacturers are cheaping out?

Well the battery lasts a long time. It’s just whenever it runs out, it’s usually in the middle of a game. It’s not a big issue but it is inconvenient. If they added a battery indicator it would solve the issue for the most part.

Does your 602 not flicker when it’s about to die? My 703 flickers red when it has about 20min.

Have you looked into magnetic usb cables? Significantly faster to plug/unplug compared to the cable Logitech gives you. I give myself a ton of slack so I rarely have to adjust the cable.

I can’t verify since I don’t have a Logitech mouse handy, but googling around seems to suggest that it’s possible to add a tray item for mouse battery, if that would do the trick.

I’ve never noticed a flickering aside from just as it’s going out. It also doesn’t have a cable, I use AA batteries in it.

Like a tray of batteries that recharge wirelessly?

Maybe look into the g502 lightspeed?
You can get accessories with it to allow charging over your mousepad.

Though price and button layout does not look too attractive.

Yeah I’ve been looking at that one. The buttons make no damn sense. I wish there were wirelessly charging AA batteries I could put in my current mouse and then buy one of those Logitech charging mouse pads to charge em. I really do like my 602, aside from the battery.

Err no, a windows taskbar tray item that shows your mouse’s battery level.

oh lol that’d be good too actually.

I only used wireless mouse for my laptop, and it’s a Logitech G602. It’s okay.

Much prefer my G502.