Any good, up to date, guides?

I came back to the game after a LONG absence to find that there are now like twelve different crafting professions for every profession. One for each expansion. I suppose this is due to the way they handled the level compression. But are there any up to date guides on which one of these umpteen professions is the simplest to lvl? I find the whole thing a bit overwhelming. I’ve currently got several alts and would like to lvl at least something like alchemy and enchanting up to a useful level. But would only want to do one.

The question is, which is the simplest? Cat? Legion? BoA? I’ve only really played any in the first two. Did not really care for the BoA, if I recall, since that is the one you spend so much time underwater. It was cool at first, but got old quick.

Which version of the professions do most people go for?

If you are trying to do DF professions you don’t need to do any of the other expansions. Simply visit the initial trainer then go to the Dragon Isles to learn the DF version and get to work.

If you are just leveling one expansion to max for shiggles or personal desire, WoD is probably the simplest because everything you need is available in your garrison.

Each expansion’s profession skill only applies to that expansion. 100 WoD skill will still leave you 1/100 for all the others until you do them individually.

I understand that skill in one has nothing to do with the others. But I assume you can use the products of any of them wherever you go, right?

As for DF, I don’t have that. I’m just subscribed to the “basic plan”, if you will. And so don’t have access to the Dragon Isles until they release the next thing.

What I’m asking is, are the products of each expansion simply better than all of the preceding ones? The top healing potion for DF > Shadow > BoA, etc.

If so, then I assume I want to do Shadowlands (Latest I have access to) but all I’ve heard about that is nobody liked it.

With the scaling thing, and the way the lvl of monsters adjust to match your lvl, I don’t see how the benefits of potions, or created gear could be all that much different. But I may have missed something. I’ve played mostly in Legion and Cat. A bit of Mists.

Wow professions. Sorry apparently I cannot link it.

Still a good site for easy skill ups of every professions per expansion.

Yes, you can use the crafted products from one expansion in any of the others, and yes, in most cases the products of each profession are better than the ones before. The difference may be only 1 or 2, but they are ‘better’. Although with how quickly you will level from 1-60 you will quickly outstrip your professions unless you dedicate time to them.

SL has some nice quests and options, but the questing is very much on rails until you finish the campaign through all four zones. You must finish Bastion before going to Maldraxxus, before going to Ardenweald, before going to Revendreth. You will need to play it through once eventually. It may be easier to level to 60 before doing SL, but at the same time if you level through SL you will get access to world quests and their gear faster than if you waited. Kind of a wash so pick a route and go.

The differences are pretty small until you reach max level and can start the SL gear upgrades through Korthia and ZM. But if you’re planning Alch/Ench as you said, they don’t provide much to crafted gear so it is kind of a wash.