Any computer wizards here?

So… I had a old pc that could barely run WoW, 1fps to 15fps lowest settings. Last year I upgraded to a beast pc, had everything high settings 120fps+. Yesterday while cleaning, the computer was knocked over and fell. Now every time i try to boot up, it takes over 1 hour just to get to the windows log in screen if I’m lucky enough to get there. But when I log in the account it’s stuck on loading.

Tested every part, seems the hard drives got hit hard and are not running well now. Currently have the parts swapped exept for ram in my old pc, all is running well, i get 30fps instead of 1-15 but big battles crash or drop to 1fps and freeze.

I got windows 7 64bit on this old pc, windows 10 pro 64bit on gaming pc. I can’t just switch drives cause it won’t boot.

Would anyone know a way to fix the hard drives? 1 of them is damaged for sure, the other 2 when plugged and booted alone, i can get into windows installation, but no drives show. What can I do? I really don’t have the money to buy anything right now and won’t for a while. * Yay bills *

Could I possibly hook one of the working drives to my windows 7 pc, boot up and partition it? Format it? and then reinstall? I don’t want to risk formatting this drive in case it messes up then I won’t have anything at all.

A computer getting knocked over like that, the hard drives are definitely top candidates for damage. Unfortunately, hard drives can’t be repaired.

What I would do is this. If you’re comfortable enough doing so, or know someone who is, basically take the computer completely apart and put it back together again. That will ensure that everything is seated properly, and all of the cables are properly and securely connected.

If that doesn’t do the trick, then I’d definitely look in the direction of the hard drives first. Boot your old computer up, back up any important files from it, and swap that drive into the new computer and install Windows 10 fresh on it - partition, format, install… the works.

You may not get quite the speeds you did before with booting Windows if your newer computer has a solid state drive (SSD) in it, and your old computer has a regular hard drive (HDD) in it. Although, if your new computer has an SSD, that would lessen the chances of it taking damage. But if buying a replacement SSD or HDD isn’t an option for you right now, that would at least get you back up and running again.

Check to make sure your CPU heatsink didn’t come loose or shift any as well. The CPU may heat up instantly and then throttle down which would cause slow downs. If you can boot into the bios often times you can read temps there and it would be hot.