Any chance for a free character recustomization? :D

I’m not totally okay with losing my name because it took 10 seconds to delete, recreate, and customize a character the way I think it should look. I mean come on, its 2019, not 2005. :wink: <3

1 Like

Do it at 3 am tonight, you’ll be fine

3 Likes

NO! I know you’ll be there… lurking… you dead rogue you. :smiley:

More…weight!

1 Like

I’ve deleted and remade my character about 4 times. Just do it when the population says it’s medium to low… If ever

How awesome is your name that you think someone is there spamming the create character button 24/7 trying to steal it?

To be fair, Mrspiggyzlul is a hot trendy name

Its beyond mere awesome… it’s tubular dude. :wink:

Pretty sure there’s a grace period on the name being available when you delete a character. Not sure how long it is, but people shouldn’t be able to just immediately grab a name when you delete a character.

1 Like

I’ve definitely seen peoples names be stolen at random times within a few minutes of trying to remake a character. Its a reasonable fear.

I have deleted mine and remade within seconds, just changing facial hair, etc.

There isn’t. I held a name for a friend. Within a minute of releasing it he had made his name and new character.

Soon as you hit the delete, the names up for grabs.

It would be nice if Blizz could temp lock the names to accounts 1-2 days before launch so people could build what they want. Mine are all setup atm, but it’s easier the more accounts you have.

I wrote this guide yesterday about this topic:

It takes less than 5s with this method

2 Likes

I can’t find an official answer, but it seems you are correct.

Only characters at level 30 or above seem to get the name deletion grace period (90 days).

1 Like

This is literally what I did.

1 Like

I’m not sure how it works in Classic but in retail the character has to be a certain level before deleting it will reserve the name. Otherwise you could reserve as many names as you feel like by creating level 1’s and deleting them rapidly.

Perhaps Blizzard devs could be real sports and have names be on reserve to the account that made the character for 30 minutes (or a day!) after deletion, rather than having us do acrobatics?

Thanks for the responses all.

Why on earth would you want that. You would then have to wait exactly 30 minutes and 1 second to click. And if you go make a bowl of cereal or something to kill time and forget, then its sayonara.

*reserved to the account that made the character :slight_smile: